News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

One thing I've noticed about this tower that the 17th floor is taller than all the other floors. Seems to be reflected in the new render if you look close and I've never seen other towers designed that way.
Hadn't noticed, but I see it now. Usually this indicates an amenity floor (like we'll see in the Marriott Renaissance) or mechanical floor (notably Place de Ville C), but I don't think either of those are true in the case of the 17th floor of the Azure Westboro.

Agreed that it is usually an amenity or mechanical floor. It could also be because of a change of unit layouts which means plumbing needs to shift around (and thus the need for more ceiling height)

External progress on this one has been glacial but they’re getting close to having the podium glassed in now.

IMG_3353.jpeg

IMG_3354.jpeg

715F4489-03A2-450B-B865-5CCB3D9D4641.jpeg
First bit of tower glass in. Hard to tell from this angle but there are fins between the windows. Looks more grey then I expected tho.

I'll take it! A slender white brickless (aside from the nice red brick on the podium) tower is something we don't yet have in this city. I'm so happy to see the fins make it to the build stage.

We were on foot at Richmond and McCrae today and it looks all alone from that angle. It is hard to imagine how that wall of highrises will look when finished along there.

Some of the glacial pace is due to the construction elevator being out of service this week. (Source: was chatting with someone the other day.)

We were on foot at Richmond and McCrae today and it looks all alone from that angle. It is hard to imagine how that wall of highrises will look when finished along there.

Some of the glacial pace is due to the construction elevator being out of service this week. (Source: was chatting with someone the other day.)
Yeah the 40 tower pairs will look enormous here. I really really hope they don’t cheap out on those. Azure goes to show you don’t have to cheap out to still have profitable margins. Seems like they take pride in what they build. I hope they become a major competitor in Ottawa’s tower seen.

I walk by this site almost every day and noticed there seemed to be very little activity recently. That explains it!

Would have liked the black on the tower as well, but this could still look good.

Repeating myself here, but the white/grey fins on black windows would have stood out better.

Back