News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Row houses at Parent Ave. and Guigues Ave.
IMG_0343.jpeg

Looks decent. No one will miss what was there before:

Looks decent. No one will miss what was there before:

Lowertown has somehow been missing out on the gentrification trend, but a few more of these and it might catch on. Surprised there aren't bars on the windows for now though 🤣

330 McLeod / 233 Argyle is getting a 4 story addition at the back.
Devapps Link
Address/Google Maps
Brief Description of project: The development proposes to maintain the existing, 48-unit rooming house and construct a four-and-a-half storey rear addition.

1710255363505.png
1710255387200.png

1710261728232.png
1710261779257.png

Last edited:
My most recent spicy Ottawa city building take is that no new SFHs should be allowed to be built within the Greenbelt. 🌶️
I disagree heavily with your spicy take. If the land is properly up-zoned and someone with deep pockets wants to pay an arm and a leg to basically outcompete the market for multi-family, so be it. We need MORE flexibility in our zoning not less. I like the concept of minimum densities in new subdivisions because they are a different beast entirely. But you can even see in any established neighbourhood it is rare for a property which is allowed higher density by right to end up with a SFH.

All your approach would do is sky-rocket the value of recently built/renovated SFHs if there is essentially a moratorium on them. This would further exacerbate building issues since people would be willing to buy the absolute trash old house and renovate instead of waiting for a developer to buy the lot, and rebuild or sever with 2 semis etc.

Right now it doesn't work that way because the zoning makes SFH artificially cheap (by putting a cap on the land-value and massively oversupplying) and multi-family artificially expensive (by limiting land supply by zoning and doing the opposite).

It hurts my soul to see nice/solid brick houses from the 60s and earlier demolished for giant, horrible looking stucco McMansions. At least when it's a multi-family, it adds housing.

New wateridge coming up....more charc whites. <yay>

Dev Apps for
Some SSP chatter specific to this part of the development
  • 375 CODD'S
  • 1345 HEMLOCK
  • "Building 3" There are 3 buildings and one corner park. Building '3' is shown below
  • 1711540189741.png

"Building 3":
    1000002997.jpg
1000003000.jpg

Addresses also included in the development are 1000 and 1050 Tawdina Street.

1711540387762.png

Last edited:
I don't get it. What do developers have against colour? Or even classic red brick?

Back