Member Bio
Reaction score
Discussion History:
Kìwekì Point (formerly Nepean Point) Redevelopment [NCC]

Renders:
image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I agree. It might not be everything we wanted it to be but it's a vast improvement over the status-quo in my opinion. Looks like an amazing place to sit, enjoy the sunset or the vistas. The link to Major Hill and the vast amount of places to sit (on the ledge) are great - something we often miss in Ottawa (you can walk through here but don't think of sitting down or enjoying the space for too long).

...something we often miss in Ottawa (you can walk through here but don't think of sitting down or enjoying the space for too long).
Just like on Sparks Street, you can walk through there, but don't dare sit on a patio unless you're ready to spend $.

Dang...I would trade the old Nepean Point for Kiweki Point in a heartbeat. The sunset grassy hill, the huge trees, the ampitheatre, the epic statue on the peak, the wrought iron railings. The new one is concrete, sterile, and flat. The only redeeming quality for me is the bridge from Major's Hill.

I'm not sure they can be properly compared until the greenery fills out a bit with the new one and it can be experienced at ground level. I suspect the railing is going to be barely visible once those garden beds mature, especially since it slopes down and the top of the railing seems to be about level with the path. I do agree that its missing a focus point, Champlain statue or otherwise.

Back