News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It's unfortunate they did not double-track the section under the parking garage. Doing so at a later date will be a complete hassle.

Here's a picture I took at Halloween. Heavy equipment digging up the bedrock perhaps 15 meters from the rail ROW, yet not widening it. Frustrating.

20231031_131336.jpg

That's 100% on the City. The Watson Club absolutely ripped on the urban Councillors who voted against in part because this piece and Dow's Lake expansion was not figured out. The Watson Club had enough time to figure this out and widen the trench in time, at the very least, but failed to do it. When I emailed my Councillor a couple years ago, they said "oh yeah, no prob, it will get done' and when I emailed again a few months ago, they said "we'll forward your email to the Stage 2 team". No response since. Serious lack of leadership from City Hall on any future proofing issue.

Deal between province, city clears path for private LTC development near Riverside Hospital​

Author of the article:
Elizabeth Payne
Published Apr 13, 2024 • Last updated 20 hours ago • 3 minute read

*** SNIP ***

Schlegel Villages is also slated to build a seniors retirement community on the current site of the Civic hospital after the new campus opens in 2028. The long-term care home planned for the Civic site will include 320 new beds, according to the hospital.

The land the Civic is located on is the subject of a similar agreement with the city to continue its use as not-for-profit health care. The Riverside development is slated to open in the next few years, according to the hospital. The development on the old Civic site would be built after its new campus opens in 2028.

Harden said he was disappointed to learn for-profit long-term care was also part of the future plan for the Civic site.

“This is public infrastructure. I had hoped the Civic could be a hub for seniors that would be non-profit.”

*** SNIP ***

Back