Gatineau (Ottawa), Canada

Ottawa | Place des Peuples | ?m | 55s | Brigil | NEUF

Skeezix

Member Bio
Reaction score
Technically located in Gatineau, although I suspect the reference here to "Ottawa" is to the metropolitan area, not just the city proper.

The project looks interesting, although what's done at grade will be as important as the final design of the towers. Laurier needs some decent development on the north side.

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Technically located in Gatineau, although I suspect the reference here to "Ottawa" is to the metropolitan area, not just the city proper.
Indeed we're looking at it as the Ottawa metropolitan area.

bennessb

editor at large
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Going to look great from the Ottawa side of the river.
The architect was really into discussing its position across from parliament, from the press release:
Douglas Cardinal, Architect, Douglas Cardinal Architect Inc., sees Place des Peuples as a link between the Canadian Museum of History and the community that surrounds it. “Place des Peuples completes the Vision I had over 30 years ago of the magnificent site across the Parliament of Canada. While the Museum is the expression of the forms of the earth and stone sculpted by wind and water rooted firmly on the shores of the Ottawa River, to complete the overall vision across Parliament I wanted strong vertical forms as well, reaching to the sky. These curvilinear sculptural forms would be more a composition of lightly tinted blue glass that connects the water to the sky. The glass faceted balconies flowing over the glass structure would emulate the falls of the Ottawa River.”