Reaction score
Previous Discussion:
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252844

Project website:
https://posthousebyazure.ca

https://maps.app.goo.gl/hjrBDmu4rHv3AK3x7

Render:
image.jpeg

This looks like a great little project. Can't wait to see the cladding go up.

Looked like they were taking the crane down when I walked by this morning. Still no cladding but a lot of insulation is up, so it shouldn't be too long.

It's funny how little density Westboro really has. Sure, the strip is pretty lively and lined with retail but outside of a few pockets of buildings here and there, there's not a lot of along the corridor. Without plopping towers everywhere, it would be easy to imagine 20-30-40 of these smaller buildings and midrises along Wellington/Richmond Rd.

Yeah there is room for a lot more density. Over the next few years I think a lot of these smaller buildings will go up in the blocks between Richmond and Scott. There are quite a few infill projects underway or planned already, three story buildings with 16 units, that kind of thing.

The website writeup is really going for it with the descriptions of the building and restaurant. I like it! (Whether it delivers is another story of course)

PostHouse Westboro apartments sits on land that was formerly owned by two of Westboro’s leading figures, William and Eliza Lowry. The Lowrys were true pioneers of Westboro, having moved here in the early 1900s with William occupying the pivotal role of Postmaster. As you can imagine, in 1930, the mail was a key method of communication, connecting people and communities. We want their story to go on. As an homage to their story and their importance to our community, we have named our retro-designed residence, PostHouse. The name evokes a meeting place of the community and the central hub of 1930s Westboro. PostHouse Westboro apartments takes the history of its past and transforms it into a vision of boutique modernity. The warehouse design emulates the vintage style of the site’s predecessor and takes cues from similar buildings in upstate New York and Maine. To honour Eliza, our Manhattan-inspired restaurant will be named “Elise”. Our hope for Elise is for it to be a fixture on the Westboro eating scene but also a beating hotspot where residents come for a drink or traditional French fare. We want this to be your place, a space that you might go to 2-3 times a week for a drink, lunch or dinner. For Elise, we have retained over 1000 sqft of brick from the original home meticulously taken down by hand and stored to be reinstalled in the space as a permanent nod to the history of this site. In fact, the Posthouse logo is a stylized homage to an iron heating grate that we found in the home of the Lowrys.

They are mostly done the Blueskin on the outside now. I am waiting to see a brick delivery and some windows go in before I pass judgement on how this guy will look as a finished product.

Back