News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

egotrippin

Member Bio
Reaction score
Index

Corktown
Church St., Pt. I

Eventually I'll get back to Church Street, and more street-by-street photo tours, but in the blistering cold I often don't venture too far with a camera. Today I decided to bring the camera however, and snap a few shots with my (underused) telephoto. By the time I reached Queen and Bay my fingers could barely operate the camera anymore, so I decided to call it quits. Anyway, here's a taste of a cold Toronto winter afternoon.

IMG_6176.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

My favourite shot of the outing, also it's one of my favourite views walking westward.
IMG_6183.jpg

TCHC building on King East coming along nicely.
IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6187.jpg

Success is really making an impact. I can see it sticking out all the way back by my street, east of Parliament.
IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6195.jpg

I love the way Met bookends Victoria St.
IMG_6208.jpg

And soon Vu will be doing the same for Adelaide.
IMG_6218.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

In fact, using the telephoto really brings out some great view corridors.
IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

Beautiful Bay Street*
IMG_6234.jpg

*Sarcasm clarification, just to be safe.

RoCP just loves to spoil views.
IMG_6238.jpg

That's it for now; I'll use this thread for photos from my miscellaneous walks until I get myself organized again.

Last edited:
Good Toronto pics in the cold...

Ego: Good Toronto pics - in the cold! Just how cold was it?
Where's your gloves,man? Hey-you still did well! LI MIKE

Ego: Good Toronto pics - in the cold! Just how cold was it?
Where's your gloves,man? Hey-you still did well! LI MIKE

Thanks a lot! It was pretty cold, -4 with a "feels like" -16. I can't use the camera with my gloves on, they are too padded. I had thinner ones, but my fingers always froze with them on anyway. Oh well, there's always a nice coffee shop around to warm up in!

Nice pics. Yeah, the cold gets to me too. I may have to do a walkabout of the PATH. :eek:

Thanks a lot! It was pretty cold, -4 with a "feels like" -16. I can't use the camera with my gloves on, they are too padded. I had thinner ones, but my fingers always froze with them on anyway. Oh well, there's always a nice coffee shop around to warm up in!

tell me about it. having gloves and shooting is a pain because of the bulk and not enough grip.

if you wear thin ones, try these out.
98361934-6cb8-4a4a-b21f-3a88daf5ea34_4.jpg

thanks for the photos, btw.

impressive work man! For me it's a toss up between the first image and the one looking up Victoria St for best of the bunch... I hear ya about shooting in winter, I havent been outside of my yard since winter moved in.

Taste of Corktown

Thanks for all the kind comments!

I went on a short little walk to check out the Corktown District sites, and took some photos while I was out.

IMG_6245.jpg

Success really makes an impact out this way (from King and Wilkins)
IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

Another site for potential redevelopment?
IMG_6269.jpg

IMG_6271.jpg

I love Bright St.
IMG_6274.jpg

IMG_6275.jpg

IMG_6276.jpg

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6280.jpg

IMG_6282.jpg

IMG_6284.jpg

The sun sets on yet another day.
IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

Last edited:
i grew up in the beaches so for those too many long 501 trips home, looking south out of the window as we passed bright st. always seemed to make the trip worth it.

The photo of the day (Bright Street) reminded me to come back to this thread. Such a neat little street with the narrow winding street and little rowhouses.

It's really cool how Brookfield Place looks a completely diferent colour in your pictures. It seems to be pinkish with green windows. Great shots!

Yes, bright street has that old timey euro style which is pretty rare in toronto. Great pictures, Thanks Egotrippn.

Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate it very much! With the warmer weather upon us, I'll be out again in full force to document our city. I've been out walking a lot, looking for places to shoot, and I find myself loving this city more and more every day. If anyone can recommend some interesting, "hidden gem" places to shoot, I'd love it. Exploring the city is one of my favourite past-times (I walked from King/Parliament to St. Clair/Avenue and back today!).

Here's one image for now, so I don't feel like I'm posting nothing.

IMG_6568.jpg

Also, I've decided to create an index, in anticipation of future expansion. I won't lie, I was inspired by jks suggestion of doing so in his own photo thread.

Last edited:
sounds like a great walk! the hidden gems are often going to be on the less travelled side streets... or you could have tried climbing up the condo building under construction at Avenue Rd. / St Clair. I got in there but they had the stairwells locked up!

Back