Thank you for the pictures. Did your unit come with the rolling cart under the counter? We had our PDI last week and our unit was missing one so it was noted in the PDI. Also, we tested the outlets and discovered the outlets in the bedroom had no power.

We did ours last month and I realized the bedroom outlets did not work either until we figured out that the outlets are actually linked to the switch on the wall. I guess this is done so any bedside table lamp can be turned on using the switch by the door. I hope this is the case in yours as well.

Thank you for the pictures. Did your unit come with the rolling cart under the counter? We had our PDI last week and our unit was missing one so it was noted in the PDI. Also, we tested the outlets and discovered the outlets in the bedroom had no power.

My unit was missing the small rolling cart. I was told that since my unit is on the upper floors, they haven't gotten around to it yet. I made sure that it was marked down on my PDI form.

I was able to confirm with Telus that the units are prewired using Cat5e cables and so yes it will support a gigabit LAN

Sorry guys for the slow update. I've been bombarded with work since moving to Toronto last week. (40 e-mails this morning before noon!!)

I'll be moving in first week of June too. I've got a SW 2 bdr unit (suite style 01) in the tower. The photos don't do much justice in terms of the space and I didn't take that many photos. I spent a lot of time taking measurements though.

What I don't like about the 01 suite style is the big structural pillar in the middle of the living/dining area. I suppose it will look much better once furniture is in (since the pillar divides the dining area and the living area).

DSC_7220.jpg
DSC_7216.jpg
DSC_7218.jpg
DSC_7211.jpg
DSC_7191.jpg
DSC_7225.jpg
DSC_7215.jpg

I DO have a photo of the lobby but it's on my phone. I'll upload it later. I also took some photos of the parking area and the storage lockers but that's probably not so interesting to you guys.

As for PDI deficiencies, I found several. Mostly scratched countertops, the missing cart, and uneven flooring in one area. Then again I do this type of work as a profession so I'm a little pickier. I am worried though about wear and tear of the veneer countertops since the material isn't very durable in my opinion (and the white would stain easily). I'm consdering buying a large sheet of glass to fit over the countertops with small rubber spacers. I've already done some calling around and I think I found a place that could cut me a sheet of tempered glass (tinted green) with rounded corners. Anyone interested in a group buy? I'm sure we can get it much cheaper if we buy it all at once and have it all delivered to, well, the same address.

Attachments

• DSC_7220.jpg
    DSC_7220.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC_7216.jpg
    DSC_7216.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC_7218.jpg
    DSC_7218.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 474
  • DSC_7211.jpg
    DSC_7211.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 495
  • DSC_7191.jpg
    DSC_7191.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 488
  • DSC_7225.jpg
    DSC_7225.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 499
  • DSC_7215.jpg
    DSC_7215.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
As for PDI deficiencies, I found several. Mostly scratched counter tops, the missing cart, and uneven flooring in one area. Then again I do this type of work as a profession so I'm a little pickier. I am worried though about wear and tear of the veneer counter tops since the material isn't very durable in my opinion (and the white would stain easily). I'm considering buying a large sheet of glass to fit over the counter tops with small rubber spacers. I've already done some calling around and I think I found a place that could cut me a sheet of tempered glass (tinted green) with rounded corners. Anyone interested in a group buy? I'm sure we can get it much cheaper if we buy it all at once and have it all delivered to, well, the same address.
Hope your move is going ok Andy, glad to hear you finally got to do your PDI. Just wondering was you fridge upgraded? I remembered you mentioned you guys got that upgrade as well. We may be interested in the tempered glass too, I was actually thinking about changing the counter tops to quartz, just trying to persuade my wife. But I think she maybe more inclined to do something less expensive. I will let you know very soon.

Hey Andy,

I too would be interested in the tempered glass top for the counter. Let me know the details when you have them. Btw, love your view!!

Hope your move is going ok Andy, glad to hear you finally got to do your PDI. Just wondering was you fridge upgraded? I remembered you mentioned you guys got that upgrade as well. We may be interested in the tempered glass too, I was actually thinking about changing the counter tops to quartz, just trying to persuade my wife. But I think she maybe more inclined to do something less expensive. I will let you know very soon.

Thanks. Haven't moved my stuff yet.

I didn't know you could upgrade the counter tops. It might be quite costly though? Do you mind posting the price they give you for the upgrade if you get the chance? (might be more for us since from the photos it appears the 01 tower unit has more counter space with since there's the island counter too).

And no, we didn't get the integrated fridge. The show room had the integrated fridge but when asked, they pointed out that the showroom may not have the same decor as what's in the contract. My fiancee and I decided that $6000 just to have the fridge integrated might be more than it's worth. I probably could buy some decorative lighting to put in that area and use the rest on furniture.

Anyway so here's my design idea for the counter tops but I welcome other designs too. I want to make it look like the glass is part of the design.

For my unit (the 01 tower unit), we have the stove island which has a large countertop area and then the sink area which has a large counter area as well. I was thinking of cutting a piece of glass that fits the large counter areas perfectly or slightly smaller. I’m still trying to think of a way to put glass on the smaller area next to the stove as well as the narrow areas next to the sink (I suppose I can get one big piece with a hole cut in it but it might be expensive).

Another idea is to cut the pieces exactly to fit the counter top with seams in between (so I can cover even the smaller areas next to the sink and stove top).Instead of rubber bumpers, I would have them flush onto the countertop and then small beads of caulking would hold them in place. With the weight of glass, I can use removable caulking (which is what I used on my car for things like making seals along areas of paint so I don’t damage the paint). The drawback to covering everything with glass is that it’ll hide the white countertops. However, my fiancée thinks the countertops are a bit cheap looking since it’s all white so covering with a layer of tempered glass might look very classy. On the plus side, by putting them flush and cutting smaller pieces, it’ll be easy to put together, transport and if it gets damaged, easier to replace. I might have to put caulking between the seams though so that water doesn’t leak through. This idea will work for the bathrooms too and I think it would look great.

I’ve seen the green tempered glass on white countertop idea at an Ikea show room. It looks great actually and I might go back to see what they did. I’ll try to get some cost estimates and maybe post them up. I have a glass desk of 56” x 32” which has tempered green tinted glass with rounded edges. I was given a quote from a place in TO for around $250 if I were to have it cut again. That’s about $7/sq in but I think I can probably get that down a lot more.

Edit: green glass for the countertops might not work well. The backsplash is green glass too. Also, I'm considering other glass materials such as maybe a heat-resistent and scratch-resistent plexiglass.

Last edited:
And no, we didn't get the integrated fridge. The show room had the integrated fridge but when asked, they pointed out that the showroom may not have the same decor as what's in the contract. My fiancee and I decided that $6000 just to have the fridge integrated might be more than it's worth. I probably could buy some decorative lighting to put in that area and use the rest on furniture.

The fridge was only 3500 to upgrade, if you wanted the wood cabinetry, then it was 6000 which as you mentioned was not worth it. But anyways they missed it on our upgrade and I am trying to see if anyone else who paid for it got it or if it was the whole building that they missed it on. In regard to the counter tops I have not priced it yet, the upgrade is not through Concord, but a company that did our last place. For now I got them building me extra cabinets, one with frosted glass to go above the microwave and one for garbage/recycling and all the other goodies my wife wants under the island. I will let you know once I price the quartz counter tops in May, but our lay out is very much like yours in the kitchen. I will must likely cut the rolling cart in half so that it does not take much room since the new cabinets will take its storage place.

Do builders have to pay the HST on the subcontractors even if the project was planned way in advance? That would seem counterintuitive considering the purchasers don't have to pay for it.

GST or HST is determined on the final closing date, not moving/occupancy date.

simuls: i think it's the occupancy date and not the closing date that determines if you will be subject to HST or not (if you bought new in the past 10-months). can you confirm?

GST or HST will be payable on fnnal closing date. The amount of tax depends on when the contract is assigned. If you buy it as your primary residence, there will be not GST. If you buy for investment, you will have the GST at the rate when your contract was assigned (could be 7% or 6%). HST will affect the expensive units purchased later last year.

Does anyone know the number for property management or who I would need to contact in regards to some renovation questions? The carpet in the bedroom looks atrocious and I was wondering if I would be able to install laminite floors in there.

I don't think I'm the only person who dislikes the carpet and was wondering what plans do others have in mind?

Abuyer, that sound really nice actually. We're looking to get cabinets too (either made or from a place like Ikea - though we did notice in Toronto we can really get some really good deals on custom furniture and shelving). I don’t think we’ll go with the fridge though. We’ll be spending quite a bit on refurnishing the place and the steel fridge looks really sharp already.

This is what I have for pricing so far for the glass:

$16/sq-ft for clear tempered glass with polished edges and eased corners 1/4" thick
$23/sq-ft for the above but sandblasted texture 1/4" thick

I’m wondering…clear or tinted? Tinted green would look really good actually except I have to see how it looks with the backsplash (might have to go clear for that portion just to give it variety – the green for the center counter and bathrooms would look good). Also, another thing we can do is go 1/2" thick which would show a very distinct border. Especially in green tint, this could look really good.

There are a few other places I need to get pricing from.

Also, does anyone know the square footage required? That’ll give me an idea on how much it’ll be in total. Thanks.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the number for property management or who I would need to contact in regards to some renovation questions? The carpet in the bedroom looks atrocious and I was wondering if I would be able to install laminate floors in there.

I don't think I'm the only person who dislikes the carpet and was wondering what plans do others have in mind?

I believe the number was some where in the PDI package we received. I already looked at some laminates from home depot that are similar, but I also saw some engineered hardwood flooring that colour wise was closer to the living spaces, but obviously a different product. I am waiting to get the keys on the 21st to see which one I should go with, because I am definitely changing that carpet.

Back