To be honest, I'm concerned with the high number of units being rented out. In my experience, a lot of people who rent just don't seem to take care of the place or care about the other residents.

Had a friend of mine in another building that had the same problem. Once they had enough owner occupied units to get votes for the their condo board, the first thing they did was to put a quota on the number of the units that can be rented out. It is an option to consider, but we wont get anywhere with this idea until there is more owner occupied units than investors. It deterred all the investors from the building and their building is now 90% owner occupied and the common areas has never been in better shape.

Had a friend of mine in another building that had the same problem. Once they had enough owner occupied units to get votes for the their condo board, the first thing they did was to put a quota on the number of the units that can be rented out. It is an option to consider, but we wont get anywhere with this idea until there is more owner occupied units than investors. It deterred all the investors from the building and their building is now 90% owner occupied and the common areas has never been in better shape.

That's a good idea. Actually I plan on seeing if I can get onto the condo board already.

Has anyone received any mail, we have changed our address about a month ago and we have yet to receive a single mail. Canada post does not seem to have any idea what to do when I call them. I don't know if I can go to a post office to pick it up or not.

Has anyone received any mail, we have changed our address about a month ago and we have yet to receive a single mail. Canada post does not seem to have any idea what to do when I call them. I don't know if I can go to a post office to pick it up or not.

They're holding the mail since Concord/Canada Post is having problems with the panel behind the mailboxes. Apparently the key doesn't work so Canada Post can't put the mail into the mailboxes. Canada Post is supposed to come and fix it sometime this week. It's kind of annoying since I expected to receive mail already and I have some time-sensitive mail being held already.

Hi

Can anybody tell me when did the buildng started occupying for the first time? I'm just trying to estimate when will be the final closing for ? I know it usually 3-6 month after start of occupancy

I just heard a rumor (i.e. not confirmed) that final closing will be in July/August.

One single agent has just listed 9 Panorama units on MLS at reasonable prices. 6 of them are 1+1 with parking around $330K.

Measurements

hi guys, just wanted to share some of my pics with you on my unit. Looking forward to moving in first week of June.

Hi fellow 07 owner.

Love your pics. Looks like you're much more of a photog than I am. All the pics I took of my unit made my unit actually look smaller.

Anyway, out of curiosity did you actually take measurements of your unit? I've just recently took some measurements after doing a thorough cleaning of the place and came up short of about ~116 sqft. :O

I really hope I"m doing the measurements wrong or there something that I don't know about in terms of how they list the sq. footage. I came up with square footage of about 550sq ft give or take 20-30 sqft (for the rounded NW walls)

I recall the rule of thumb in calculating square footage is the outer edge of the exterior wall and as well as "half-way" into neighboring units. Does anyone have a clear definition of what "half-way" means?

S.

Hi fellow 07 owner.

Love your pics. Looks like you're much more of a photog than I am. All the pics I took of my unit made my unit actually look smaller.

Anyway, out of curiosity did you actually take measurements of your unit? I've just recently took some measurements after doing a thorough cleaning of the place and came up short of about ~116 sqft. :O

I really hope I"m doing the measurements wrong or there something that I don't know about in terms of how they list the sq. footage. I came up with square footage of about 550sq ft give or take 20-30 sqft (for the rounded NW walls)

I recall the rule of thumb in calculating square footage is the outer edge of the exterior wall and as well as "half-way" into neighboring units. Does anyone have a clear definition of what "half-way" means?

S.

Did you include the balcony? A lot of builders include the balcony sqftage into the total.

Did you include the balcony? A lot of builders include the balcony sqftage into the total.

No I didn't as the floor plan calculates the sq. footage of the balcony separately:

Suite: 672 Sqft.
Balcony area: 226 sqft.
Total area: 898 sqft.

S.

Anybody know what the recourse would be if my calculations are indeed correct (which i certainly hope not.) ?

:(

S.

There is likely a provision in your purchase agreement about square footage. Many lawyers will put a cap on the amount of variance permitted.

Anybody know what the recourse would be if my calculations are indeed correct (which i certainly hope not.) ?

:(

S.

legal ... i believe the allowable limit is 5% variance.

how did you measure?
i hope you didn't calculate your space by adding the individual room sizes?
unfortunately, most suites here have some sort of angle so it's not as simple as measuring the full length x the full width.

After reading your message I did the same measurements too. Except I know my measuremnts are accurate since I do this type of thing for a living. The advertised area and actual living area are apparently different as the area is calculated from exterior wall to exterior wall or centerline of wall between units (half of the thickness of the wall).

I calculated that the ACTUAL living space for our unit is 127 sq ft smaller than advertised. Apparently 127 sq ft goes into walls which I find hard to imagine but it's plausible.

The Concord contract though states that the actual living area may be different from advertised based on structural elements like shear walls and columns. Basically they state in the booklet of a contract. I'm going to contact Concord anyway but I think this would be a losing battle. Not too happy though so far at Concord since it feels like false advertising. Usually listings are for living space (e.g. Unfinished basement of a house doesn't count towards the living area).

According to Tarion, there is a variance of 2% allowed for square footage. You sound like you have a lot more than 2%, so you need to get an actual pro to do the calculation, you could then go after them. Assume losing 6"/per linear foot for walls (so if you had a 30' long condo, you would lose 30 sq ft of space - 6" x 30 x 2 (1 wall each side)). Exterior and hallway wall will be more.

The problem is the Concord documents doesn't indicate 2% or 5%. It's pretty open-ended. (if anyone can find it that'd be good though).

I asked some architects the typical dimension of the concrete wall separating units. Apparently it's probably 8" thick. The side with the big windows does not count towards lost space due to the wall since there is no 8" wall there.

I actually took the architectural plans on the website and drew them up on AutoCAD to scale. I then sized it so that the room dimensions match the actual. I figured for the 01 units, the perimeter is 77 ft in total with 4" thick walls (centerline of the wall to inner face of wall using 8") and the only ones that are 8" is the wall by the hallway. That gives me around 60 sq ft of space missing, still shy of the 127 sq ft missing. Assuming thicknesses of partition walls too, that probably adds another 20 sq ft of space lost. That's 80 sq ft only meaning there's still 47 sq ft of space unaccounted for. However, that'll come out to approximately 5% so even if there's a 2% or 5% clause, Concord may be ok in this case.

Back