Beware when purchasing condos that are built by Concord. The location is great but the structure, from personal experience and opinion, is incredibly poorly built. In my humble opinion, the craftmanship is an insult to the Lakeshores beauty and grace. Its truely a buy for the location only type of condo. Don't put too much expectation into your new downtown condo. Its just a money grabber buy the developer.

Beware when purchasing condos that are built by Concord. The location is great but the structure, from personal experience and opinion, is incredibly poorly built. In my humble opinion, the craftmanship is an insult to the Lakeshores beauty and grace. Its truely a buy for the location only type of condo. Don't put too much expectation into your new downtown condo. Its just a money grabber buy the developer.

Your comments could apply to many other condos in the city and there are some condos that are much worse than Concord.
Do you have any specific experiences you care to elaborate on? Did you purchase at Cityplace?

Your comments could apply to many other condos in the city and there are some condos that are much worse than Concord.
Do you have any specific experiences you care to elaborate on? Did you purchase at Cityplace?

I think the condo boom has spurned a lot of poorly built condos. It's a combination of rushing to finish the condo, not enough good trades so people who have no business working construction are working on units and builders doing the BARE minimum. It really doesn't matter how much you pay. You can pay three times the price of a Concord condo and get the same or worse workmanship. So while Concord gets a bad rap..it's a little unfair since their condos are no worse than some of the crap that's being built now.

There are a few good builders out there, but there are many poor ones.

We will see over the years a lot of buildings falling apart IMO.

Can anyone who owns a unit or lives in Parade II comment on the quality of this building?

Does noise pass easily among the units or is the soundproofing good? Are the higher floor (40 plus) units of better quality? Do the higher floor units get fewer noises from highway and railway traffic?

I am not in Toronto now but considering living here in the near future so any feedback/comments would be helpful.

Can anyone who owns a unit or lives in Parade II comment on the quality of this building?

Does noise pass easily among the units or is the soundproofing good? Are the higher floor (40 plus) units of better quality? Do the higher floor units get fewer noises from highway and railway traffic?

I am not in Toronto now but considering living here in the near future so any feedback/comments would be helpful.

I'm not in Parade II, but I don't think there's too much issue with sound. If you close your balcony door, it will be quiet. If you open it, depending where it's located, you might hear distant sound of trains and the highway. Being high up or not won't really matter much I think since sound travels. But if you're high up, you get a better view. As for neighbours making noise, I would worry more about people living upstairs than beside you. It's divided by concrete but you hear muffled sound above you if they drop things or run around.

I don't know if you're referring to the quality of the building or the unit. I think the newer units at Cityplace are pretty nice looking. Even the downgraded ones aren't too bad. The higher floors might be upgraded depending if buyers chose downgrading to make prices cheaper. You can check online on their website. They display some pictures of the model suite. As for the quality of the building, I'm not too sure. I think a lot of issues would be with elevators. The podium has 2 locations for elevators so that's a plus. The tower only has 1 location so it might be more troublesome if one is in service or breaks down. The facilities are good.

Thanks a lot for the informative reply AKS. Do you live in the CityPlace neighbourhood? Is it relatively easy to walk to downtown from CityPlace (I think a pedestrian bridge has been opened recently to go over the railway tracks)? Are there any other buildings in that neighbourhood that you think might be better than Parade II (in terms of building quality - e.g., young renters/party place versus more family oriented)? I am considering another nearby building - 35 Mariner Terrace.

Thanks a lot for the informative reply AKS. Do you live in the CityPlace neighbourhood? Is it relatively easy to walk to downtown from CityPlace (I think a pedestrian bridge has been opened recently to go over the railway tracks)? Are there any other buildings in that neighbourhood that you think might be better than Parade II (in terms of building quality - e.g., young renters/party place versus more family oriented)? I am considering another nearby building - 35 Mariner Terrace.

I've lived in the CP area for a few years now. It's pretty easy to walk to places but might take some time. It's about 30 min from St. Lawrence Market. 15 min to Thomson Hall, 25 min to chinatown. 15 min to harbourfront. 5 min from rogers centre. Times are approximate. I think it's walkable. For family oriented, I would say Parade buildings. The finishes are pretty nice too. There are larger suites catered for family. The other buildings on the west side are a bit smaller. I'm not sure about the east side of the buildings. I've only seen one of the buildings on the east side. I knew someone who lived at Mariner Terrace and I didn't hear her complain about it. I'm not sure if that building is catered to family though since I don't know if there are large units there. The bridge has recently opened up across the railroad, but I don't find it too useful unless you want to get to Portland St. Otherwise, once Fort York Blvd opens up to Bathurst, that might be more useful.

As for young renters, you're going to find them all over downtown area. A lot of young students and professionals are moving downtown. Some like to party. I would stay away from King St area if you don't like party goers.

Last edited:
I've lived in the CP area for a few years now. It's pretty easy to walk to places but might take some time. It's about 30 min from St. Lawrence Market. 15 min to Thomson Hall, 25 min to chinatown. 15 min to harbourfront. 5 min from rogers centre. Times are approximate. I think it's walkable. For family oriented, I would say Parade buildings. The finishes are pretty nice too. There are larger suites catered for family. The other buildings on the west side are a bit smaller. I'm not sure about the east side of the buildings. I've only seen one of the buildings on the east side. I knew someone who lived at Mariner Terrace and I didn't hear her complain about it. I'm not sure if that building is catered to family though since I don't know if there are large units there. The bridge has recently opened up across the railroad, but I don't find it too useful unless you want to get to Portland St. Otherwise, once Fort York Blvd opens up to Bathurst, that might be more useful.

As for young renters, you're going to find them all over downtown area. A lot of young students and professionals are moving downtown. Some like to party. I would stay away from King St area if you don't like party goers.

Thanks a lot for the informative reply AKS - it is very much appreciated.

Hello all, for some reason I'm unable to make my own thread so I suppose I will just ask here
I currently live in the west end by park lawn lawn/lakeshore and I am looking to purchase a place downtown, would you recommend 15/21 iceboat as a good place to purchase a condo? How are the quality of the buildings? How is the overall area? Thanks in advance.

Hello all, for some reason I'm unable to make my own thread so I suppose I will just ask here
I currently live in the west end by park lawn lawn/lakeshore and I am looking to purchase a place downtown, would you recommend 15/21 iceboat as a good place to purchase a condo? How are the quality of the buildings? How is the overall area? Thanks in advance.

The area is changing drastically. Plenty of more restaurants/fresh fast food coming into the community/more retail. Quality is decent but much better then their older buildings(They get better with each new build). Area is changing and becoming more connected as things are finishing up in the community and the stigma of CityPlace should be eliminated within 2-3 years. The amenities are great for young professionals. Views are also fantastic.

I see Kevin Pillar lives in the building

This is definitely a management and board issue, especially when the mould was left to spread to that kind of level.
The cleaning staff is also to blame as they should have notified management about the mould, and seeing the roll of toilet paper sitting on the tank and a toilet brush in the corner, looks like this is an area which cleaning staff failed to clean and maintain on a regular basis.

Back