further to Layla's comments - yes, there is still a long way to go. Lobby, hallways were nowhere near done. Gym/party will likely need at least another 2 months.

Posted on Vandyk's Facebook page:

551533_503290259716821_31122826_n.jpg

382338_503290256383488_208400330_n.jpg

Looks good. Layla, how come the tiles in your laundry room are different from the kitchen tiles?

I guess I wanted the living room to closely match the entrance way leading to the laundry room as well. I chose light beige on the kitchen and it closely matches the washroom. I didn't want to have dark colors on all the rooms. I think I made a good choice of colors.

The kitchen looks better in real life...If only they removed all those wraps.

I chose two different colours for tiles, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom. I didn't know we could get the tiles in the laundry room/entrace a different colour as well, doesn't really matter to me I guess. I did two upgrades, extended laminate into the den and berber carpet for the bedroom.

Last edited:
Nothing yet.

My lawyer said I'll hear from them a few weeks before occupancy, so likely sometime next week.

Yeah, still waiting! Looks like I might not hear anything until next week :(

I've been reading topics for other buildings on this forum, and I saw a few where they didn't hear from there lawyers until only a few days before occupancy! Hope that's not the case here.

I'm assuming we need home insurance before occupancy so I took out a policy. Ended up being like $35/month, but I got a $35/month discount on my car insurance so it's basically free :D

From their facebook page pdi 'approximately 4 weeks prior to occupancy with a 1-2 week advance notice'

Well, once we hit Monday, it will be 4 weeks from that day that I am supposed to take occupancy... no notice yet

That's the same answer I got when I asked Vandyk. I am not sure if Vandyk will expect the whole lawyer process from us. Maybe right now, they only want the occupancy fees from the rest of March and April. I really dont know.

That's the same answer I got when I asked Vandyk. I am not sure if Vandyk will expect the whole lawyer process from us. Maybe right now, they only want the occupancy fees from the rest of March and April. I really dont know.

Hmmm... I'm just over 2 weeks from occupancy... need to get this figured out!

My lawyer called me yesterday just to get a few more details. Said they expect to receive documents from Vandyk next week.

Back