Asmegin, did they mention anything about setting up your utilities i.e. hydro before occupancy?

Just finished signing all the documents with my lawyer.

Breakdown of $720 occupancy fee for me is:

$420 - Interest on Balance (3%)
$150 - Maintenance Fee
$150 - Property Tax

Lockers and Parking Spots are assigned already. I'm on the 4th floor but my locker is 3XX. Sucks but oh well!

Asmegin, did they mention anything about setting up your utilities i.e. hydro before occupancy?

Here is what is written in the occupancy instructions:

Utilities:

Both Enbridge and Enersource will be notified of the Occupancy date and name of purchaser (s) by the Vendor’s solicitor
in advance.

I'm assuming they will contact us or documents will be available upon move-in.

To those of you looking for parking I'm afraid you might be out of luck.when I purchased my unit I asked about extra parking and was told they would be for sale at a later time and would be put in a list as they were first come first serve.several months later they sent out a last chance notice about parking.at which time I was leaving the country and had to rush the extra cash and legal stuff because they would only include the amount if spots purchased ,any extra space would be assigned to things such as storage and such.As far as Vandyke renting out spots forget about it , I work for a builder and we never do that . If any spots are available renting them would be through property management , but as I said before I was told no extra spots would be maid available.All that being said I sure am glad I bought the extra spot 17 g's we spent.Lets just hope for all our sakes the everyone who needs a spot doesn't try to park in the visitor spots or that means trouble all of us and any friends and family who plan on visiting.Im sure just like town house condos the lot will be monitored.

$319,000 FOR the above 780 sq ft unit for sale.

It does seem like a lot of money.

I saw it on craigslist

For utilities, I suggest contacting them yourself after you move in. They would just have a name and a unit at this point. It's best to give them your phone number, billing address (if different from the service address) and if you are moving from somewhere else in Mississauga where you pay for hydro, they can then transfer your account. Most utilies require a deposit if you are a new customer.

I assume mail delivery will not happen for a little while (which is the case with most new buildings), so you may not want to use the Lolita address until this is established.

Tomorrow for Asmegin! Are you going to paint?

Nah, not going to bother painting.

I will probably get my keys around 2-3pm, and I have the elevator from 4-6pm, so no time. I really just want to get in, so painting isn't a priority right now. Probably get around to it in April.

I have very little furniture to even move into the place. I have basically been avoiding purchasing that kind of stuff so that I can get it delivered there.

I have very little furniture to even move into the place. I have basically been avoiding purchasing that kind of stuff so that I can get it delivered there.

Yeah I've got nothing big to move either. Some tables and chairs but they're still in the boxes so easy to move. Couches and stuff are being delivered :D

Got my keys right at 1:00 p.m. Was taken on a tour with the site manager Javier, to make sure all keys work (they did)

I will take pictures tonight when the workers on gone. Here is what I remember:

- Parking garage is basically done. Works still painting and doing small details, but it's ready to use and HUGE and open. Also, the door to the parking garage is the fastest garage door in the history of mankind. Literally takes 0.5 seconds to fly open/close. Awesome

- Lockers are in the garage. There are no locks on the doors yet, but the lockers are done (you would use your own padlock). No ETA for door locks.

- Building is a lot more finished than it was last month during my PDI. No giant mounds of dirt. Carpet tile is laid in south hallway on 4th floor.

- VERY dusty/dirty. Brushing up against wall will leave dust on your jacket, shoes will be filty etc. Be prepared to dust daily :D

Here are a few cellphone pics:

IMG_20130318_134844 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20130318_134905 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20130318_134911 (Medium).jpg

Ready to go :D

Attachments

• IMG_20130318_134515 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20130318_134515 (Medium).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20130318_134844 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20130318_134844 (Medium).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_20130318_134905 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20130318_134905 (Medium).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20130318_134911 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20130318_134911 (Medium).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 292
Got my keys right at 1:00 p.m. Was taken on a tour with the site manager Javier, to make sure all keys work (they did)

I will take pictures tonight when the workers on gone. Here is what I remember:

- Parking garage is basically done. Works still painting and doing small details, but it's ready to use and HUGE and open. Also, the door to the parking garage is the fastest garage door in the history of mankind. Literally takes 0.5 seconds to fly open/close. Awesome

- Lockers are in the garage. There are no locks on the doors yet, but the lockers are done (you would use your own padlock). No ETA for door locks.

- Building is a lot more finished than it was last month during my PDI. No giant mounds of dirt. Carpet tile is laid in south hallway on 4th floor.

- VERY dusty/dirty. Brushing up against wall will leave dust on your jacket, shoes will be filty etc. Be prepared to dust daily :D

Here are a few cellphone pics:

Ready to go :D

haha amazing Asmegin!
Thanks again for updates. See you in a week.

Congrats in the easy move!! Did you end up using the same mortgage letter, or did you get a more recent one.

Hi Everyone, great to see people moving in! I get my keys April 3rd! 2nd Floor...Cant wait!!!!! Happy Moving ALL!!

Back