So now I wait till I get phone call on Monday for the key?

Yup. Your lawyer will call you and let you know what time you can pick up the key. Should be around 1pm.

You get the keys from the site manager Javier. He's usually running around the building but his cell number is posted at the front door.

Is it only one person that moves in everyday?

I think that everyone is moving in over roughly a 6-8 week time period, so that would be roughly 20-25 units per week. Though, I bet that some people will be holding off on moving in until end of month (if their occupancy date falls at an awkward time of month and they're currently renting). E.g., My occupancy date is April 23rd but I won't be moving in until the weekend of the 27/28th. I'm on the ground floor, so not having to book the elevator makes life a tad easier :)

There are still only 3-5 cars in the underground, so not many people have moved in yet :D

Picked up my keys a couple hours ago - there are apparently approximately 15 units moved in thus far, although I too didn't see any cars parked in the garage - must be at work!
The site maintenance manager believes the building common areas (lobby, hallways, party room, gym, etc) will be complete in one month... I'm not sure how realistic that is. I'd say closer to two months.

I didn't get a chance to check out all the things I stated needed fixing on my PDI - just did a quick look-over and grabbed the keys. My parking spot isn't great, and my locker is in the garage (as opposed to the locker room which is only a few doors down from my unit - unfortunate, but not awful I suppose).

Asmegin, can you let me know what Internet option you got with the Rogers plan, is your connection any faster?

I sometimes work from home so if it's slow I will need to upgrade my plan. thx

Asmegin, can you let me know what Internet option you got with the Rogers plan, is your connection any faster?

I sometimes work from home so if it's slow I will need to upgrade my plan. thx

The free rogers internet that we get for 6 months is the "Hi-Speed Internet Extreme Plus"... which is supposed to be fast as hell (http://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedBrowseFlowDefaultPlans --> 45 MBPs down/4 Up). I think the slowness Asmegin is/was experiencing is/was some sort of technical issue. Hopefully it got resolved...

The free rogers internet that we get for 6 months is the "Hi-Speed Internet Extreme Plus"... which is supposed to be fast as hell (http://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedBrowseFlowDefaultPlans --> 45 MBPs down/4 Up). I think the slowness Asmegin is/was experiencing is/was some sort of technical issue. Hopefully it got resolved...

The problem I had was the Rogers modems (Hitron) have a terrible wireless chip....REALLY terrible. Maxes out at like 2-3MBps (250-375Kb/s). Once I set the modem in bridge mode and used my own wireless router (ASUS RT-N16) I got the full 45MBps (5.6MB/s). Also I called Rogers and confirmed it's unlimited. So far in like 3 days I've downloaded almost 1.5TB :D

BTW for anyone on the lower floors, how's the noise from above? I'm on the 4th floor but wondering if I have to tiptoe around at night..

Where did you guys buy most of your furniture? I find Leons, The Brick, Badboy, Ikea, etc. to be overpriced for crappy quality stuff.

The problem I had was the Rogers modems (Hitron) have a terrible wireless chip....REALLY terrible. Maxes out at like 2-3MBps (250-375Kb/s). Once I set the modem in bridge mode and used my own wireless router (ASUS RT-N16) I got the full 45MBps (5.6MB/s). Also I called Rogers and confirmed it's unlimited. So far in like 3 days I've downloaded almost 1.5TB :D

sweet, thanks!

Where did you guys buy most of your furniture? I find Leons, The Brick, Badboy, Ikea, etc. to be overpriced for crappy quality stuff.

I bought my leather couches from Leons. I don't expect them to last much further than the warranty (5 years), but they looks nice, were a decent price and were delivered for free.

I got my coffee table/end table from Overstock.com. They ship from the US, but they still end up being cheaper than buying locally and have a huge selection. Also bought a table from a small furniture shop on Dundas (Berkshire)

Other stuff like bookshelves/computer desks/dresser/night tables are just cheap crap (South Shore).

Bar stools and TV stand from Costco.

Bed from a wholesaler near the airport who sells mattresses for dirt cheap.

as of last night there were apparently only 3 units occupied on the 3rd floor. I didn't spend the night there. just moved some stuff in and left.

I forgot to check if there's multiple cable connections... where is your Rogers cable box vs Rogers modem/router hooked up? Same spot?
I only recall seeing a cable outlet in the living room... maybe in master bedroom too. Not so sure about the 2nd bedroom. Do you know how many outlets there are?

Back