40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm a big proponent of mid-rise development downtown. However, I find the scale of this project somewhat out of context at street level. Maybe it's not so much the height but the combination of the height with the monolithic street frontage. We'll see how it turns out when the cladding goes up. If you are down in the area take a look and see for yourself.

This building, in conjunction with the Westside Lofts, will undoubtedly change this neighbourhood. I'm all for increased density, but these 2 towers really are out of scale and are so architecturally bland that they’ll do more harm than good.

all I can say having only been down in this area a couple times while construction has been going on is that the density is quite incredible. Standing a few blocks in either direction, these buildings really add to the big city feel of the area. I cant really comment on the street frontage, but its fairly common for today's architects to get that element completely wrong...

Uncle Teddy; the point of these photos was not the Queen frontage at all, but how buildings effect the neighbourhood beyond the actual address itself.

Back