News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I love the design of this McDonald's too. It is unfortunate. Exhibit better be worth it!

I personally think this McDonalds is cool BUT it is getting old and i've never like the open space thats sorta wasted in front of it.... Its interesting how they just repainted it a couple months ago and its going to go down soon... But i'm glad they're going to be back once exhibit is built... especially since all the restaurants are disappearing like with One Bedford... this area is really becoming residential!!!!!!!!

McDonald's isn't a restaurant, it's a horrible fast-food chain. I wish that in the new building a restaurant would replace the McDonald's eyesore; its presence really detracts from the ROM and the whole area.

Yeah I agree with arvel... yeah. I can appreciate the architecture of the restaurant, but McDonalds really doesn't belong there. I find it an eyesore, and cheered when I saw that notice that it will be developed.

Steveve, if you're looking for restaurants in the area, there's one right next to McDonalds, two or three Chinese ones just down the road, and a subway and mexican fast food place (if you're looking for fast food.) And there's always street vendors as well, not to mention the sea of restaurants just off Bloor in Yorkville.

McDonalds is lame.

I love the design of this McDonald's too. It is unfortunate. Exhibit better be worth it!

In terms of McDonald's restaurants, it's one of the more interesting travesties.

If you've seen it on the street, you'll find it's actually quite a disgusting looking building. Its hodge-podge structure looks hastily considered in design terms, not to mention that it's very poorly maintained - the windows are usually pretty dirty, the flooring is just plain awful, and let's not forget, it's a McDonalds. I say tear it to the ground! Too bad they plan to replace it after the new project is completed. I don't know about you all, but having a fast food joint within eyeshot of a major museum is pretty lame. Barf city!

Last edited:
McD's is classified as a fast food restaurant but if you have read this article, many do not believe they actually serve food as this teacher's science project reveals:
http://bestofmotherearth.com/2008/09/24/1996-mcdonalds-hamburger.html
For domestic travelers though, it may save them from spending their entire trip inside a washroom of a foreign country where strange menus and water issues are common. Then again maybe not if you're not used to eating this type of fine gourmet fast food.

Back to the architecture... it's an interesting building but not exactly something we would be proud of showing to the world (even among McD's own family of eateries, they have some more interesting ones around the world). Perhaps the condo will have an upscale Mcd's with nice "gold" arches since it's located on along Bloor St.

Back