5.2K     0 

W

wyliepoon

From Global News:

Link to article

Michael Clemons sees chain of office somewhere in his future

Global News
Published: Thursday, April 13, 2006

Michael "Pinball" Clemons says he won't rule out running for mayor of Toronto some time down the road, although he has no plans to challenge David Miller in this fall's municipal election. In an interview with Global News' Leslie Roberts, the head coach of the Toronto Argonauts and civic crusader said he appreciated the support for his prospective political career. "If that is the kind of responsibility and the kind of trust that people have put on you, I think you have to answer that responsibility and you have to answer that call." Mr. Clemons, a Florida native, has applied for Canadian citizenship. "I love the attitude of not just Torontonians but Canadians," he said. "We are embracing people, a people who accept, who are more tolerant."

I would gladly vote for Clemons. An more honest guy you won't find!

He's one guy I wouldn't want to run against. Sure lock to win.

Hey, once you've run a 30 man football team, running a city of 2.5 million should be no problem! Not many problems a 15 minute pep talk can't fix. No platform, no problem, he's a team player, he'll do fine! Got my vote.

Because there is just so much in common between coaching a professional football team and running a city.

Maybe in the meantime he will work as a brain surgeon, at least until the mayor's seat open.

He lives in Mississauga.

He could be the star candidate to replace ol' Hazel.

Personally, I'd rather see a Prime Minister Pinball Clemons.

Bleh... we had a cheap appliance salesman, why not a pro athlete?

Here's an idea... let's choose mayors on the basis of their governing ability and less their celebrity?

Pinball's a good guy, but mayor? I don't know. Interestingly. there were rumours not long ago that the provincial Tories were interested in having him run as an MPP.

King Pinball Clemons?

Emperor Pinball Clemons?

Supreme Lord and Deity Pinball Clemons?

I think a mayoral position would just be selling the guy short.

Well, as ball-players go, he's more interesting to watch than Hampton.

Back