I bought a unit here and I am patiently waiting for it to be built. They are citing building permits and a "complex" design as the delay. Also they changed architect firms which slowed things down a bit!
Origional move in date October '09. New date October '11 !!

have they told you who the new architect is?

Off the top of my head I dont know.. I think they may have said in the letter I got. They said it was with a larger firm .. thats all I know! I kind of thought that it was a bit odd myself .. they said osme units may change slightly .. likely to the advantage of the purchaser (ya right!?!) larger bathrooms etc ....

Please let us know what else might be in the letter if you find it again!

Here is the letter that I got from the developer

Dear Purchaser:
After a chilly and wet Spring, Summer has finally awakened – bringing forth more rain! The sun
is doing its best to burst through the clouds and as we turn our faces upwards to catch the sunny
rays, we will soon be complaining about the heat and humidity in no time!
By now, all those who have asked for upgrades have been contacted. If you initially passed on
upgrades but are now reconsidering, you can still contact our office for a quote. You are welcome
to make an appointment to come by to view the finishes again or if you are unable, we will be
happy to email you the pictures of the upgrade finishes. Please forward all requests to
info@neilas.ca
After much deliberation, the Builder has hired another architectural firm to carry on with the
working drawings. We did not feel the original architects were able to meet the project’s
demands in several areas so the decision was made to bring on a new crew with broader
experience and a perspective best suited for this type of project. Such change is not uncommon.
The new architects have already begun reviewing the design drawings and we have made great
progress in a relatively short amount of time. During this stage, the design of the building will
undergo intense analysis to make sure all building codes and regulations are met as well as
pinpointing what challenges there are to properly execute the design. Modifications and
adjustments will continue to be made as all the consultants put their collective heads together to
make this concept a reality.
We are all anxiously awaiting the first signs of physical activity at the building site. The
neighbourhood and the local media are also eagerly looking forward to the revitalization of
Leslieville – with Stage East leading the way. As you are aware, a Notice of Extension regarding
the tentative possession date was sent out in early June. Several purchasers have expressed
relief as this permits them more time for financing arrangements or a chance at a larger down
payment and better flexibility in selling their current residence in a stronger market. Others may
be disappointed having to wait longer to move into their new home – and we understand how
excruciating each additional delay can seem.
Unfortunately, the city has designated our project of 24 units as “complex†and we are
undergoing the same scrutiny as a 200+ unit hi rise building. Although we are disappointed they
have chosen to take a small scale development such as ours and put it into the same category as
other much larger and complex projects, we have limited recourse or remedies other than to
comply. We appreciate the patience our purchasers have shown and will make every effort to
deliver their units on the new tentative possession date.
Have a great summer everyone!

Hey - Im a "purchaser" of this project .. There are considerable delays and I have not had contact from the developer in months .. they haven't even responded to my 2 emails that I have sent over the last few months. Is there anyone else out there that has purchased here? It says 100% sold out - has anyone backed out?
Im concerned, obviously, as there is nothing going on on the site.. Toronto.ca lists no activity either .. They claim a November 2011 move in date - not likely .. I'm locked out of the market.. anyone have advice ??? please

Hey - Im a "purchaser" of this project .. There are considerable delays and I have not had contact from the developer in months .. they haven't even responded to my 2 emails that I have sent over the last few months. Is there anyone else out there that has purchased here? It says 100% sold out - has anyone backed out?
Im concerned, obviously, as there is nothing going on on the site.. Toronto.ca lists no activity either .. They claim a November 2011 move in date - not likely .. I'm locked out of the market.. anyone have advice ??? please

Spoke to Neilas, revisions took a long time to get back to him. Said project is moving forward

Spoke to Neilas, revisions took a long time to get back to him. Said project is moving forward

Spoke to the local planner, said that Neilas has taken a substantial amount of time to get back to her regarding the revisions and he's been through a few architects....also....that he tried to get building permits without getting site plan approval

Tentative occupancy set for Nov 30th 2011.. construction hasn't even started and no new tentative move in date given. This adds to the growing list of ongoing unprofessional activity from Neilas

Tentative occupancy set for Nov 30th 2011.. construction hasn't even started and no new tentative move in date given. This adds to the growing list of ongoing unprofessional activity from Neilas

i think that's endemic of EVERY condo builder.
there hasn't been one i know of that has met their original timelines.

dont they have to give a new move in date before the date that they have previously given has come and passed ..lol
I mean arent they legally supposed to ??

Back