News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Electrification is mainly for those with campers/RVs no?

In the past, yes; but given a future w/electric cars that will need somewhere to charge while you're camping, I expect it will be much more common with a much more universal usage.

Ford gov't has decided how to allocate international student permits.

Private career colleges have just died. They are getting zero permits.

From the above:

1711569285946.png

* Pause * - we're going to limit, on a go forward basis, international permits to 55% of enrollment .....excluding high-demand areas? What was it before?

Moving along:

1711569423430.png

How are they going to guarantee housing? There's nowhere near enough on-campus housing to meet incoming demand, even domestically.

There's a loophole there somewhere.

In the past, yes; but given a future w/electric cars that will need somewhere to charge while you're camping, I expect it will be much more common with a much more universal usage.
In addition to increased availability, I would guess part of the initiative would be to increase capacity. Higher voltage/amperage power is typically only available at pull-though sites for RVs or large 5th wheel trailers. Electricity at other sites for smaller vehicles is often only 15/20a 120v.

How are they going to guarantee housing? There's nowhere near enough on-campus housing to meet incoming demand, even domestically.
By offering it, and making it very expensive?

My university experience was that on-campus housing was very expensive compared to off-campus housing, and it also was not eligible for tax credits at the time, due to its nature as 'subsidized housing'.

From what I recall, I was paying the equivalent of 3x the market rate for my half of a shared bedroom.

By offering it, and making it very expensive?

My university experience was that on-campus housing was very expensive compared to off-campus housing, and it also was not eligible for tax credits at the time, due to its nature as 'subsidized housing'.

From what I recall, I was paying the equivalent of 3x the market rate for my half of a shared bedroom.

Hmm, just doing a very cursory scan of U of T; excluding meal plan (which is mandatory) Burwash Hall at Vic, single room - from $11,512 (Sept - April); which works out to $1,439 per month

Meal plans are no bargain; (Vic) $6,380 for 346 meals is $18 a pop and change.

Back