News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

monetto

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I'm fairly new to the Forum. Well actually, long time member but I normally just follow the discussions as they unfold rather than participate in them. I would like to ask the forumers fora bit of information which would help me with a difficult personal decision.

I'm curious as to the state of the architectural industry in Toronto, especially from the prism of an aspiring architect. From your experiences (personal or second-hand), what kind of working environment can one expect to work in? How much professional satisfaction can one expect to obtain? What about average starting pay?

The reason why I am asking is because I find myself at a crossroads. Though I finished my undergrad in architecture, I currently work for Rogers. I started only as a contractor in the IT field, but the option to become a full-time employee will present itself in the future (I can say this with a very strong degree of certainty). I've also been accepted to the Daniels School of Landscape, Architecture and Design, at UofT, for my master's, and I am due to start in the fall.

Ideally, I would be able to put my own personal tendencies aside and make an informed, and rational decision (though I have a tendency of doing exactly the opposite). Going to school will offer me a great deal of freedom, the ability to express myself creatively, and perhaps an opportunity to feel as though I am doing more than just a job, yet I don't want to be kicking myself for abandoning the financial security offered by my current position.

Any info or insights would be truly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Back