I went and looked up what your unit was supposed to look like, and jeez, that's one annoying pillar. I agree with you that the placement of the toilet would've irked me the most though. That's WAY too close to the vanity, and it's not like you can just put a toilet paper holder on the other side of toilet since there's a whole bath right there. Are they still actively working on your unit? I'd love to know what some of those other taped items are. I see some missing grout, missing handles - anything else?

I will say, it's nice that they seem to have otherwise stuck to the floor plan - did you happen to measure from wall to wall and see if the dimensions were as stated? If this is what you were excited for when you purchased it, congrats! It certainly looks like apart from the toilet, it'll be there once those taped items are addressed. I'm sure not much can be done about that pillar, as you seem to correctly assume.

Last edited:
standard building code shows that you need to have 15 inches between anything around the toilet to the centre of the toilet (diagram below). I wonder what the builder will do as i dont think they can move the plumbing/toilet home. I think standard toilets being 18 inches wide (the top tank), it does not look like your vanity cleared 15 inches.
1678474132474.png

I found this really different from model suite and rendering, and what they have done to the unit bothers me alot...(it makes look very cheap).
Is it even possible to complain it during PDI?

This is from model suite I saw back in 2016 https://theravine.ca/suite.php (it has same color and texture as cabinets on the left, looking like it's integrated with surroundings and looks more luxurious)
modelsuite-kitchen~2.jpg

This is what they have done to the unit based on other units pic (doesn't looks integrated with surroundings as there are tiles, cabinet and white wall. Looks cheap to me):
Screenshot_20230312-145943~2.png

1678647470159.jpg

Attachments

• 1678647470159.jpg
    1678647470159.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 60
While I'm not a big fan of what they did with that corner, even the render looked like that section of the wall was wasted space. Regardless, I don't like that they extended the backsplash, and would rather they didn't have it there at all.

I think you can/should mention that you didn't sign off on having the backsplash there.

While I'm not a big fan of what they did with that corner, even the render looked like that section of the wall was wasted space. Regardless, I don't like that they extended the backsplash, and would rather they didn't have it there at all.

I think you can/should mention that you didn't sign off on having the backsplash there.
Ya if they won't do integrated side like model suite, then I definitely agree not having back splash on the side would've been better.
Not sure why they did it in that way... Definitely not the design by Cecconi Simone

Some disturbing info I heard/found:
1. I heard from somewhere that developer won't paint balcony ceiling
2. Ravine Condo project is not found under https://www.urbancapital.ca/ (it used to be there under 'Current'). Looks like they took it off from the website and not sure why...

Some disturbing info I heard/found:
1. I heard from somewhere that developer won't paint balcony ceiling
2. Ravine Condo project is not found under https://www.urbancapital.ca/ (it used to be there under 'Current'). Looks like they took it off from the website and not sure why...
1. Yeah they're probably not painting the balcony ceiling. A little frustrating, but since the balcony is a common element, they might be skipping it & letting the Property Managers handle it so they can get the units to people a little sooner.
2. As for the website listing, it wouldn't surprise me if they just took down the model suite images from "Current" tab and are waiting for completed pictures to be put under their "Completed" tab. The building is living somewhere between "Current" and "Complete" at the moment, and most of the interior is under construction, so not much is ready for the photographer. I'd give it a few months before we ask why Urban Capital's website ghosted us.

Has anyone delayed their occupancy due to too many issues found during PDI?
If so, how many days?

Has anyone delayed their occupancy due to too many issues found during PDI?
If so, how many days?
My inspection was 2 weeks ago, with my occupancy originally being earlier this week. During the inspection, my inspector noted that other owners have been offered up to a 4 week extension, so I asked if I could also. I'm now getting the keys mid April.

The condo currently has people living in it, so I'm not worried about them offering deferred occupancy. I'm of the opinion that the less people in the builders way, the quicker we'll be able to close.

My inspection was 2 weeks ago, with my occupancy originally being earlier this week. During the inspection, my inspector noted that other owners have been offered up to a 4 week extension, so I asked if I could also. I'm now getting the keys mid April.

The condo currently has people living in it, so I'm not worried about them offering deferred occupancy. I'm of the opinion that the less people in the builders way, the quicker we'll be able to close.
Thanks for the insights!

We did PDI and occupancy is already closed. The unit is missing alot of things: refrigerator, washer/dryer, dish washer, doors and shelf for all closets and many more...
Very frustrating...

Does missing fridge make the unit uninhabitable?
Is this something we can claim compensation for delayed occupancy by the builder?
Has anyone had same issue like ours and got compensated by builder?

We did PDI and occupancy is already closed. The unit is missing alot of things: refrigerator, washer/dryer, dish washer, doors and shelf for all closets and many more...
Very frustrating...

Does missing fridge make the unit uninhabitable?
Is this something we can claim compensation for delayed occupancy by the builder?
Has anyone had same issue like ours and got compensated by builder?
I moved in about 6 weeks ago. Everything was in the unit. There are some small items that need to be addressed, but overall the unit is habitable. They have come a few times with the contractors to fix a few things.

If you do not have the appliances, I'd like to think you could put in a claim for not being able to live there due to these things. Probably best to have the lawyers look into that. Has the builder reached out to give you a timeline?

2 things that stand out for me and are still needed:

- The toilet in the bathroom (I'm in a 1 bdrm) does not have enough clearance from the vanity, maybe 11 inches from the center of the tank to the vanity. The paper roll holder basically sits right up against the bowl so you cant put a roll on it. I'm going to be asking for a custom sized vanity so everything will fit up to code.

- 3 Electrical outlets are not functioning properly, when plugging in something as simple as a cell phone charger, it trips the breaker.

I'm sure I'll be fighting with them for a year to have these items addressed.

Good Luck to you.

I moved in about 6 weeks ago. Everything was in the unit. There are some small items that need to be addressed, but overall the unit is habitable. They have come a few times with the contractors to fix a few things.

If you do not have the appliances, I'd like to think you could put in a claim for not being able to live there due to these things. Probably best to have the lawyers look into that. Has the builder reached out to give you a timeline?

2 things that stand out for me and are still needed:

- The toilet in the bathroom (I'm in a 1 bdrm) does not have enough clearance from the vanity, maybe 11 inches from the center of the tank to the vanity. The paper roll holder basically sits right up against the bowl so you cant put a roll on it. I'm going to be asking for a custom sized vanity so everything will fit up to code.

- 3 Electrical outlets are not functioning properly, when plugging in something as simple as a cell phone charger, it trips the breaker.

I'm sure I'll be fighting with them for a year to have these items addressed.

Good Luck to you.
Thanks!
Urs seems better conditioned than ours.

Last edited:
I found this really different from model suite and rendering, and what they have done to the unit bothers me alot...(it makes look very cheap).
Is it even possible to complain it during PDI?

This is from model suite I saw back in 2016 https://theravine.ca/suite.php (it has same color and texture as cabinets on the left, looking like it's integrated with surroundings and looks more luxurious)
View attachment 461133

This is what they have done to the unit based on other units pic (doesn't looks integrated with surroundings as there are tiles, cabinet and white wall. Looks cheap to me):
View attachment 461134
View attachment 461135
Will there be kickboards installed?

Back