I am quite excited to see what happens if there is a huge inventory of units. My guess is from previous buildings that many of the units will have been rented out, and the flood will appear 6 to 8 months from now when those leases end.

I am quite excited to see what happens if there is a huge inventory of units. My guess is from previous buildings that many of the units will have been rented out, and the flood will appear 6 to 8 months from now when those leases end.

I have 13 listings for sale on assignment at Neptune but none for sale at Maple Leaf Square, reason........ 4 office towers coming, Ripleys Aquarium among other factors considered by investors to bring further potential upside to their investment. If I see 10 percent for sale immed after final I will be very surprised. Currently 30 for sale on assignment and not all agents or buyers and sellers are comfortable with the assignment market.

Hope this helps

I see 10 percent for sale immed after final I will be very surprised. Currently 30 for sale on assignment and not all agents or buyers and sellers are comfortable with the assignment market.

Why not comfortable, Condo George?

Why not comfortable, Condo George?

Final closing costs to be paid by the assignee ( buyer ), much higher than a standard resale agreement
In most deals ...... profit and deposit required by assignee, could mean $100,000 for a bachelor, most bachelor buyers dont have this kind of dp, assignment does not get all potential buyers.
Some agents not comfortable with doing the assignment deal, its not your standard resale agreement, diff agreement could be 25 clauses, most on finance, buyer and seller lawyer review and builder consent, buy not for everyone.
Most builders have clause saying you cant list on mls,for market exposure mls is best for seller.
In an up market, assignment could be a bad thing depending on when you sell, in a down market works for seller.
Assignment deal tend to be lengthy as some are based on registration if deposit and profit are not met, at times we dont know when that will be.

my 2ct

haha... exact same finishes as in my suites. exact same bathroom fixtures. but i guess if you're willing to spend $2M on a condo then you'd probably gutt the place anyways and redesign it to your tastes...

MLS Penthouse for sale on the 51st floor! $1,949,000 I would probably have a heart attack on the balcony being that high up, i like the wall of windows but the decor is too drab for my liking, but none the less the views are incredible.

photo tour http://web.me.com/carolynng/carolyn_ng/65bremner5103.html#grid

http://mls.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=10072338&PidKey=1179201783

Elegant & Exceptional Penthouse.Brand New W/Panoramic Views Of City & Lake Ontario.Located On 51st Flr.This Stunning Unit Features Top Of The Line,Engineered Flring,Upgraded Kit. & Appl,Upgraded Trims & Basebrds,Window Cvgs,Chandeliers & Designer Light Fixt.Owner Spent Over 100K On Upgrades,Lighting,Chandeliers,Appl,Etc.Lrg Mbr W/6Pc Ens,Huge W/I Closet,2nd Bdrm W/4Pc Ensuite & W/I Closet,Exceptional Lrg Den W/Lake Views.High Clgs Of About 10' In Entire Unit.**** EXTRAS **** Ready To Move In. Just Bring Your Furniture. Extras Include All Appliances, All Window Coverings, Dining Rm Chandelier, Living Room Chandelier, All Designer Lighting. Parking Conveniently Located Beside The Elevator (Maint Fee Is Estimate

Final closings begin today, will last approx 10 days to close all 900 units. Lets see how many sellers come out of the gates.

Majority are investors in these towers, final closing is done, day 1 prices were $100,000 to $125,000 on avg cheaper than today, 27 units for sale out of 900, why are we not seeing a mass exodus, why are investors not dumping their units on the market with 6 figure gains, maybe same reason I am not selling my units.......... I see continued upside for these towers as the area matures. Majority investors 27 for sale out of 900, something to think about.

Rental market strong, just seen a one bed 484 sq ft Tampa model rent for $1600 no parking, under 10 units for rent on market.

Hi, I was viewing some Youtube videos of these units, and was shocked at the cheapness of finishings.

For example: the shower stall, the towel racks, and the mirror and vanity remind me of Canadian Tire bargin bin specials.

And the majority of units are plain white walls with no impressive trim or even overhead lighting. Just plain white boxes with hardwood floors. Did the builder cheap out for profit gain (I know, who would ever do such a thing :rolleyes: )

Of all the condos of seen in T.O., these interiors strike me as the cheapest I've seen. Even the new Cityplace building is positivly lux inside, compared with these (never though I'd compliment Cityplace, but...)

Hi, I was viewing some Youtube videos of these units, and was shocked at the cheapness of finishings.

For example: the shower stall, the towel racks, and the mirror and vanity remind me of Canadian Tire bargin bin specials.

And the majority of units are plain white walls with no impressive trim or even overhead lighting. Just plain white boxes with hardwood floors. Did the builder cheap out for profit gain (I know, who would ever do such a thing :rolleyes: )

Of all the condos of seen in T.O., these interiors strike me as the cheapest I've seen. Even the new Cityplace building is positivly lux inside, compared with these (never though I'd compliment Cityplace, but...)

Par for the course with Lanterra buildings. I've been in many of them....they are very cheap...worse than Cityplace (which gets a bad wrap....the quality may be cheap, but the design's usually pretty nice).

1609-Living.jpg
And this is an upgraded suite

I believe this one's a penthouse:
mls_la_5103_5.JPG

mls_la_5103_7.JPG

Now some cityplace projects:
2900607724_e227ce2aba.jpg

4530l8d_20.jpeg

They really have to change their designers or something. The design within the units look extremely dated and cheap. We all know most condos are relatively cheap (quality/materials), but some just look cheaper than others. I wasn't really impressed with One Bedford either.

$1.6M ?
july11HOTWBedford_8.jpg

No thanks.

Last edited:

Back