gc56vc3.png

eqcSBuj.png

AWzrHBh.png

zTZ9DkE.png

JK4dTco.png

YwOKj0c.png

KX1Ll4Y.png

The designs are getting slightly more modern, but still not impressed. :/

I'm not blown away by this, but at least it's consistently tasteful. I do like how the overall "Markham Centre aesthetic" seems to use a lot of brick and precast as opposed to the copious amounts of spandarel that a lot of these "city centre" projects end up with. When Markham Centre is finished, it will certainly have its own look.

What an utter embarrassment. Kirkor strikes again. Can anyone take this firm out behind the woodshed and do away with it entirely?

Looks like they are changing around the building materials arrangement in "River Walk West" ... while previous River Park and River Walk East has primarily precast 2 storey base and brick-like upper storeys, this latest phase has flipped it around with primarily brick-like base and precast above ... I lean towards liking the first 2 blocks more

Marketing begins on Times Group's phase 3 in this project ... Riverside (aka Riverwalk West) ... being Block 4 in the masterplan

http://uptownmarkham.com/
http://uptownmarkham.com/riverside/

Uptown_Markham.jpg

Proposed Rooftop Infinity Pool is pretty neat

Looks like similar massing but with different materials as previously reported by MafaldaBoy in the overall Uptown Markham thread with the tower @ 18 storeys, although the current overall renderings show the tower @ 28 storeys:

3rd phase in the works now (Lot 4 in the following pictures):
PDF link from Kirkor & City of Markham:
http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2014/Development Services/pl140610/Times Presentation.pdf
94EObXt.png

jm82gLS.jpg

dhIqz1C.png

AaMTT4O.png

RRBByKJ.png

7eTu47h.png

YFhCkiT.png

hhRa8RW.png

gvva4Ol.png

gc56vc3.png

eqcSBuj.png

AWzrHBh.png

zTZ9DkE.png

JK4dTco.png

YwOKj0c.png

KX1Ll4Y.png

Not sure if I like the idea that pretty much all the towers will have the same design with different materials. I feel like Markham needs more diversity of anything. Will have to wait and see though.

Funny thing about the height increase here when the same developer (Times) is looking to build at a much lower density than recommended on the other side of Highway 7...

Report from City of Markham: http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2015/Development Services/pl150922/scardred 7 report.pdf

Also is there any retail along Highway 7 in these buildings? From the previous two phases and the above report I would hazard a guess and say no, which would be a huge mistake considering the planned VIVA corridor through here.

EDIT: While the above report doesn't directly address the Times property, it does reference it; though it's just another in a set of developers wishing to build townhomes along Highway 7 instead of apartments both here in Markham Centre and in Cornell Centre.

Last edited:
I would imagine we'll see taller buildings throughout Markham Centre now, yeah.

What exactly are the height restrictions imposed by Buttonville? It's not closed yet, but the site now under construction is already slated to be 28 storeys which is going to be the tallest tower in Markham Centre.

I believe Times group is hoping Buttonville will be closed by the time the building currently under construction actually reaches 20 floors or so. It is supposed to close in the next 12 months or so, which will be before the building reaches that height.

The limit is around 20 floors in Downtown Markham from what I remember, thus all the relatively short buildings that are all shortly under that number.

You can see in the graphic that they are only doing the rezoning for those extra floors now, despite having started construction. They are cutting it by the skin of their teeth, for sure.

Back