News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

C

Copper1212

On the 'Ask Us' portion of CTV News it was stated that if Quebec ever separated from Canada, Canada could retain the Ruperts Land section of the province. Really this facinated me. Quebec Power has alot hydroelectric dams up there and it would probably turn into a huge legal battle.

Wpdms_ruperts_land.jpg

Maybe someone knows the situation better than I, because it really interests me

imagine there was some fine print in the rupert's land act of 1868 that canada didn't see and HBC got bought out by an american company and the american company suddenly realized it was the proud owner of a huge chunk of canada! :eek

I'd love to see a map of Quebec without Rupert's Land and without the St. Lawrence Seaway (as Canada said they'd never give that up either). Then you can remove the hundred or so municipalities that said they'd never leave Canada regardless of a "oui" cote and you'd be left with a map of...the West Bank! :lol

Is that map really of Ruperts Land? It looks like it just shows the Hudson's Bay water basin.

the boundaries for rupert's land were associated with the hudson's bay drainage basin. it was agreed that all land flowing to hudson's bay was rupert's land.

too bad we lost the red river lands. we wouldn't have the devil's lake problem today.

Rupert Land? how about the 85% of the province mostly inhabited by First Nations peoples who collectively voted 99% against separation. That will be a legal battle.

Actually, consider the vigor shown by Quebec First Nations in asserting their rights, it might well be more than just a legal battle.

i was reading up on the hudson's bay company, the fur trade, beaver trade, etc.

i never knew canada had such a swinging past.

3000-austin-powers.jpg

That would be great if the Sepratists voted to go, and found out later. Looks good on the freekin traitors.

Back