8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Andrew3D

Member Bio
Reaction score
There has been a lot of bickering lately in the projects and construction section that maybe it's time to create a separate section for 905 developments and one for Toronto. Personally the only construction outside of Toronto that has any real impact on me is the airport. With so many new developments coming online it would make it easier for forumers like myself to scan through a Toronto only section without having to open every new suburban condo to find out it's a building going up 40mins away by car. Not to mention the fact that every time somebody comments on one of those buildings it bumps down all things Toronto from the top of the list.

What I'm suggesting is we have a >>>>>>>

Toronto - Projects & Construction forum (Toronto and it's boroughs)

905 - Projects & Construction forum

Am I alone on this or is anybody else supportive of this idea?

I'd support a 905 subform. Is it necessary? I am not sure of that. Would the 905 topics in the 905 forums get much action? Not sure of that either.
Could try it I guess...

I don't think a split is at all necessary, but if there is one, a downtown vs not downtown split would be logical; a 905/416 split has no purpose beyond ease of sorting. Square One isn't Siberia...it's in a far less random suburban place than some 416 projects like the recent Markington complex.

Also, some outer projects are a lot more interesting than the millionth identical boutique condo on King Street and they'd risk languishing in a sub-forum.

I don't think a split is at all necessary, but if there is one, a downtown vs not downtown split would be logical; a 905/416 split has no purpose beyond ease of sorting. Square One isn't Siberia...it's in a far less random suburban place than some 416 projects like the recent Markington complex.

Also, some outer projects are a lot more interesting than the millionth identical boutique condo on King Street and they'd risk languishing in a sub-forum.

Agreed, this forum is the last place that needs to perpetuate the completely artificial 416/905 divide. It's all Toronto.

Agreed, this forum is the last place that needs to perpetuate the completely artificial 416/905 divide. It's all Toronto.

That's the philosophy we're abiding by here so no split folks.

There really isn't any bickering when a 416 project is criticized by 905ers. When the opposite happens and the project happens to be in Mississauga then all of a sudden people seem to get overly defensive. I can't remember a single time critique of a project in York Region or Durham Region, or Toronto caused any problems. If everybody will simply agree that Mississauga is the greatest place on earth, the center of the Greater Mississauga Area, home to Mississauga International Airport, and only good things ever happen in Mississauga then we should all be able to get along just fine.

There really isn't any bickering when a 416 project is criticized by 905ers. When the opposite happens and the project happens to be in Mississauga then all of a sudden people seem to get overly defensive. I can't remember a single time critique of a project in York Region or Durham Region, or Toronto caused any problems. If everybody will simply agree that Mississauga is the greatest place on earth, the center of the Greater Mississauga Area, home to Mississauga International Airport, and only good things ever happen in Mississauga then we should all be able to get along just fine.

It's the same few people who get defensive every time though, so we can hardly blame all Mississaugans here.

I don't support a 905 subforum. It wouldn't be busy enough and it makes it more inconvenient if you want look at all the threads.

However, in the "Developments Index" sticky thread, perhaps 905 developments should be listed separately to make them easier to find.

Back