News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

C

Chuck100

I was putting off homework the other night by doing a random search to see if Sim City 5 is being developed. No luck there,but what I found completely makes up for it!

Go to simtropolis, click on ST Exchange area, and enter keywords such as subway in the search bar. Here are some of the things you can download:

-At intersections, turn the median of the 4 lane Avenue into functional left turn lanes
-ground level railroad (GLR) lets you operate at grade passenger rail or LRT
-HOV lanes
-convert your transit fleet to the TTC! (buses and CLRVs)
-download complete terrain maps of the City of Toronto or inner GTA
-bus stops and subway stations that occupy the sidewalk, not an entire lot
-railroad underpasses (road dips under tracks)
-ground level railroad to subway connection
-hundreds of buildings
-much more

I just discovered this website, so I haven't actually downloaded anything or figured out how to actually work these things into the game.

You'd probably also like the Network Add-on Mod (NAM). It is basically an attempt to add the functionality that should have been in the game at release. It's really quite good...

Chuck:

Just download the zip file from the site, unzip it and put the files in the Sim City plugin folder in My Documents.

A number of Toronto buildings have been put up at Simtropolis... Trump Tower, Roy Thompson Hall, Scotia Plaza, Simcoe Place are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. At the official Sim City website's building exchange someone has put up Royal Bank Plaza, First Canadian Place, TD Tower, Canada Trust Tower, Commerce Court, City Hall and 1 King West. Unfortunately the people who upload stuff at the official site aren't as good at making buildings as the Simtropolis people. (I apologize if I'm writing about one of you here!)

Back