if you purchased on assignment, the capped development charges and other potential incentives probably didn't transfer to you.
It will probably show on the original APS - that it won't be applied if assigned.
Yeah, I anticipated it, but I could not find it in the original APS any section about capped fees generally, so I thought maybe everyone gets the same charges, anyways it is what it is..

yes - I am having the same problem. I tried emailing building management and they said no one has mentioned anything and that it is the unit owner's responsibility to manage temperatures... kind of a bs answer; the heat is INSANE, even overnight when the sun is down! I'm wondering where the heating source for the building is.. maybe it is causing this problem? I am on the East side of the East tower - my unit as well as the hall outside it are extremely hot. Doesn't help that the window coverings/blinds are all back ordered. I'm not sure what the resolution here is, other than suffer until the weather cools...

To all the buyers here, are you happy with your purchase at this point? I'm considering purchasing a unit in this building to live in for a few years, eventually rent out and finally resell. I went to visit the unit yesterday and I'm conflicted about what to do.

Pros:
- The view is great
- I like the area
- So many amenities. I was very impressed by this. Good gym, table tennis and pool table, terrace pool, library/coworking space, the list goes on.
- Nice lobby

Cons - mostly, the quality of the finishings in the unit is disappointing.:
- I had to fight with a closet door because it was coming out of its railing.
- The windows that tilt outwards from below were finicky and hard to close.
- The sliding balcony door was similarly finicky.
- The bathroom materials generally look cheap.
- The floor to ceiling windows seem so thin and weak that if I accidentally fell or so much as leaned against one of them, they would actually break.
- Not much closet space.
- The unit layout is not the best.
- The building design is just somewhat weird? I didn't like the pool area, it seemed kind of bare. I understand they might furnish it with chairs etc. soon.

Reading previous comments on this thread, it's clear that I'm not the only one that noticed the poor finishings. People were also having issues controlling their heating/AC as is mentioned in the comment I quoted for this post. Were you able to resolve those problems? I'm curious to hear what others' impressions have generally been so I can make a better decision. Thank you.

To all the buyers here, are you happy with your purchase at this point? I'm considering purchasing a unit in this building to live in for a few years, eventually rent out and finally resell. I went to visit the unit yesterday and I'm conflicted about what to do.

Pros:
- The view is great
- I like the area
- So many amenities. I was very impressed by this. Good gym, table tennis and pool table, terrace pool, library/coworking space, the list goes on.
- Nice lobby

- The floor to ceiling windows seem so thin and weak that if I accidentally fell or so much as leaned against one of them, they would actually break.
- Not much closet space.
- The building design is just somewhat weird? I didn't like the pool area, it seemed kind of bare. I understand they might furnish it with chairs etc. soon.

Reading previous comments on this thread, it's clear that I'm not the only one that noticed the poor finishings. People were also having issues controlling their heating/AC as is mentioned in the comment I quoted for this post. Were you able to resolve those problems? I'm curious to hear what others' impressions have generally been so I can make a better decision. Thank you.
I think the cons you have are all YMMV.

My unit I did a bunch of upgrades and also have a really good layout. I don’t find the finishings to be cheap as a result. It’s not perfect to be sure but compared to other new buildings like the one kitty corner over, it seems this building is pretty good.

I did have issues with the balcony door and window. Mine is not a sliding door btw. Seems like this was an issue in a lot of the units and they had it all covered with tarion so now working well.

Overall I’m a happy buyer!

Pros:
- The view is great
- I like the area
- Nice lobby

- Not much closet space.

It's probably because the Unit has few (any?) upgrades and the layout is what it is. If you saw all these con things on a visit then I bet you find more if you buy and move in. Caveat emptor!

Back