News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Same with Midsomer Murders, which recently launched yet another season. They even made a joke about it in one episode.
Kind of like Langmire. It's set in Montana and the amount of mayhem one sherriff has to deal with is really something.

While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I recently watched Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix and it was excellent. In the West, we tend to have hangups about animation being for children but this is a beautifully illustrated adult-targeted historical drama with really well developed characters and themes.

It’s the old stuff I like most. In the days before political correctness, British tv was cracking good. When I watch On the Buses, Are You Being Served or Keeping Up Appearances I am transported to my youth in 1970s London and as a newly arrived Brit in late 1970s Mississauga.
This in Guardian may be of interest https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ain-television-tv-reality-shows-downton-abbey It discusses the strange British nostalgia for shows that try to recreate "a distant era, loaded with unreconstructed stereotypes of the working class, male-female relationships and Johnny Foreigner."

Not going to lie, I love Downtown Abbey, Call the Midwife and Bridgerton. Real life? No way. Escapism? Totally. And the costumes!

Reactions: DSC
Not going to lie, I love Downtown Abbey, Call the Midwife and Bridgerton. Real life? No way. Escapism? Totally. And the costumes!
First two, definitely. I’ve just watched a few episodes of Only Fools and Horses, which I’d not watched since the 1980s. Oh my, my thoroughly indoctrinated adult kids would not approve.

But it was still a fun nostalgic look at tv from my youth.

Last edited:

Back