58466723.jpg

It looks like they are taking rental applications finally and should see people moving in soon if not already.

It looks like they are taking rental applications finally and should see people moving in soon if not already.
It says "Future Main Floor Retail Space" 😁

Why are there no street trees here? Sidewalk is plenty wide and surely an $80M dollar project of this scale could have figured it out. Same with the 1410 project across 14th - no trees.

I get that they are hard to grow, but come on - that sidewalk will be punishingly wind-swept year-round and too sunny/hot for 100+ days a year, all in a location with rapidly growing pedestrian volumes due to all the development. Perhaps one day we will see towers on the south side to provide some shade relief, but that's likely decades away if ever.

Why are there no street trees here? Sidewalk is plenty wide and surely an $80M dollar project of this scale could have figured it out. Same with the 1410 project across 14th - no trees.

I get that they are hard to grow, but come on - that sidewalk will be punishingly wind-swept year-round and too sunny/hot for 100+ days a year, all in a location with rapidly growing pedestrian volumes due to all the development. Perhaps one day we will see towers on the south side to provide some shade relief, but that's likely decades away if ever.
I don't know how the developers got away with this. Usually there are landscaping requirements for greenfield developments. Maybe this project was granted an exception due to the placement of existing underground utilities.

You're right. The lack of trees on a south facing sidewalk/façade is going to make for an unpleasant pedestrian experience on a 30°C sunny day.

Back