News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Interesting thoughts concerning fans and professional sports...

Everyone: This has become an interesting debate concerning fan and pro sports. I feel that the US and Canada for the most part-except the NFL/CFL
split to some extent-has one large fan base following pro sports on our North American Continent.

I also feel that even losing teams have their supporters-like the mentioned NFL
teams such as the Detroit Lions. My favorite example of this: The Chicago Cubs(MLB-NL)have not won a championship since 1908-101 years and counting
but the term "Die-Hard Cub Fan" sticks out in my mind...

Thoughts from LI MIKE

I realize that, but the costs are different. You're looking at triple the price for the NHL (currently they run for $50,000). Maybe the economic climate of Winnipeg can support that, I don't know.
I've been reading up over the last few days on HFboards about the potential in Winnipeg. It's a really interesting and smart discussion and if you have time to go through all 28 pages, it's really good. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=640857

I think from reading that thread there are concerns but they're in a pretty good spot compared to some of the US teams. My main concern is the dollar. We saw what happened in the 90s and I can't help but fear that a similar situation could occur with or without a cap.
There was no salary cap or revenue sharing in the 90s. All of the Canadian teams that were struggling then are thriving now. Even if the dollar does fall back to those levels, it's highly unlikely that a team in Winnipeg would do worse than the likes of Phoenix and Atlanta are doing now.

Back