I like the colour. Toronto can be very joyless. Part of the reason the city looks the way it does is because developers and property owners are very scared of appearing garish or tacky, so the result is a bunch of tame attempts that are trying not to offend anyone, and we end up with a bland city as a result.

The copper can never be too copper, the gold can never be too gold. The colours never too saturated or bright. We have to be cool and sophisticated.

I like the colour. Toronto can be very joyless. Part of the reason the city looks the way it does is because developers and property owners are very scared of appearing garish or tacky, so the result is a bunch of tame attempts that are trying not to offend anyone, and we end up with a bland city as a result.

The copper can never be too copper, the gold can never be too gold. The colours never too saturated or bright. We have to be cool and sophisticated.
Yup. Toronto the Good is alive and well. I bet some people are still wishing that shops drew curtains on their window displays on Sundays. Although strangely enough, this obsession with being low-key and decorous has never stopped developers from putting up buildings with cheap spandrels in shades of gray, or potential buyers from snapping up units in these buildings.

This will be known as the colourful building haha. I think Toronto needs it. I agree everyone has been so worried about being too much that the city is too serious and bland. I think you'll see the normal setup will just be a green crown for TDs everyday branding. But during special events they will change it. I like it.

Yup. Toronto the Good is alive and well. I bet some people are still wishing that shops drew curtains on their window displays on Sundays. Although strangely enough, this obsession with being low-key and decorous has never stopped developers from putting up buildings with cheap spandrels in shades of gray, or potential buyers from snapping up units in these buildings.

I don't mind colour, but has to be done the right way. Like the CN Tower looks great lit up in different colours. Same with the Empire State Building. It's just this one looks like a cheap version of light bright or something. Especially the that middle pic with all the different colours.

Then look at these pics of the Empire State Building and you'll see what I mean.

I don't mind colour, but has to be done the right way. Like the CN Tower looks great lit up in different colours. Same with the Empire State Building. It's just this one looks like a cheap version of light bright or something. Especially the that middle pic with all the different colours.

Then look at these pics of the Empire State Building and you'll see what I mean.

I'm sure they're just testing the LEDs now and the final result won't be as colourful as what we saw this week, at least not all night long.

I'm sure they're just testing the LEDs now and the final result won't be as colourful as what we saw this week, at least not all night long.

Yeah I agree that most of this is just testing stuff out, so we'll se how it turns out later on.

Jus to add one thing, I do think it will look cool from inside the dome at night when the roof is open.

Yeah this can go one of two ways, either there will be some potential adjustments to the intensity of the lighting or it may be left very similar to what we're currently seeing. I remember when Aura and St.Regis Hotel were doing their testing; in the St.Regis' case there werent significant adjustments made and ultimately the final product looked similar to the testing phase. However in the case of Aura, it required quite of bit of tinkering and they did dim the lighting down a bit.

Friday night lights. The inlet has a nice subtle accent light.
IMG_6839.jpeg

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6840.jpeg

Last edited:
What terrace are they referring to anyway? The inlets?

160 Front St. was a fine name for an office building.

Back