Off topically/Meta @interchange42 : I've been wondering for awhile if there's a thread that showcases contributors'/readers' Toronto/GTA inspired artwork? Or if one can be created? This would be really appreciated if such a beast existed. <3

If you think it should exist, start the thread. You were granted that power some 5396 posts ago...

I do have some advice if you go this route. Threads in some of the non-buildings non-transportation sections can have lower traffic until they find an audience. When people post artistic things in buildings threads, just remind people that your new art thread exists with a link, thus building the audience.

Sept 6, 2023

And just like that... you're standing on your own.

CB960211-C3CD-4245-8ECE-EF2492E0363F_1_201_a.jpeg

4B7710CA-9CE0-4B29-8A4D-1109FCE3F242_1_201_a.jpeg

467BC31A-95BB-4981-94F7-843598EEAC01_1_201_a.jpeg

If you think it should exist, start the thread. You were granted that power some 5396 posts ago...

I do have some advice if you go this route. Threads in some of the non-buildings non-transportation sections can have lower traffic until they find an audience. When people post artistic things in buildings threads, just remind people that your new art thread exists with a link, thus building the audience.
I don't know if that thread already exists, that's why impart I asked.

Off topically/Meta @interchange42 : I've been wondering for awhile if there's a thread that showcases contributors'/readers' Toronto/GTA inspired artwork? Or if one can be created? This would be really appreciated if such a beast existed. <3
While the name of the Photos and Videos Forum is a little too specific, there are threads in that section (like Toronto In Art) which could serve for such purposes, or an artist like @limer could start their own thread in that section if they wanted!

In the meantime, this thread and the DB file have been updated to reflect the new name for the complex.

Last edited:
Are you expecting everyone to visit Shanghai or Hong Kong? I've been to neither
People have the opportunity to see photos or videos of places they've not actually been to. Many of these photos and videos proliferate on the interwebs. The interwebs are a terrific system of pipes that allow one to lead a less uninformed existence. Of course, conversely on a site called urbantoronto.ca, you can also learn about new subdivisions in places like Waterdown, where no-one would dare light up a building at night.

Which neighbourhood groups (or are they 'people"?
Yeah, it's people in the groups. But the lights seem much more unpopular than I would have imagined among the people who talk about such things on facebook!

Back