• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
Your fears are unwarranted. Most documents show the amount of commerial parking spaces unchanged in the past five years. The only major change is the amount of surface parking. Those that fear parkades will have to adjust and perhaps take lessons to become better drivers. A number of condos and apartment towers do incorporate commercial parking and this very well could be a growing trend.

Milan site today

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Looks like Casaguy will also have a (slightly obstructed) front row seat for this one too...!

DSCN5581.jpg

seems from the pic like they are demolishing a fairly new multi-level parking structure rather than surface lot.

seems from the pic like they are demolishing a fairly new multi-level parking structure rather than surface lot.

Iin terms of current status - what they WERE demolishing....

Walked by the site today - it is all shut down, gate closed, equipment removed except for one excavator. DT's photo from March 1 appeared to show no progress from when I was going past the site a week or so earlier, so I was curious as to what was, or was not, happening. Looks like the latter. Does anyone have any information on the current status?

AHK

I don't have an answer, but because the parking structure directly abuts the subway allowance I was wondering if they might have to wait for the TTC to put up some sort of barrier or hoarding before continuing with site prep. Otherwise there'll be wide open access to the tracks as soon as that last wall comes down

I think once upon a time there was some kind of auto dealership on Davenport; perhaps the parking structure was a vestige of that, adopted for Canadian Tire purposes...

I think once upon a time there was some kind of auto dealership on Davenport; perhaps the parking structure was a vestige of that, adopted for Canadian Tire purposes...

It is Church St. at that point, not Davenport. And there was a car dealership there. It was once a British car dealership.

It is Church St. at that point, not Davenport. And there was a car dealership there. It was once a British car dealership.

And if I am not mistaken - it was the car dealership owned by Fred Johnson - whose gunpoint abduction and disappearance from his Forest Hill mansion in August 1979 was quite the story at the time.

AHK

Last edited:
It's really good to see this underway: Bay to Yonge around Church/Davenport has felt like a forgotten area for ages, and a number of buildings still need fresh attention (southwest corner at Yonge & Scollard for example), and this year we can assume we'll finally see the triangle in front of Lotus landscaped (won't we? won't we? please!)... so with the Four Seasons, then the Florian, and now Milan under construction, we have achieved what is, for me at least, the tipping point in bringing back the area. Finally!

Still on hold - it has been five weeks now. Apparently, the TTC was involved with, and signed-off on the original application for a Demolition Permit, however once the actual work started, a new concern was raised by the TTC, and activities were halted. This information comes from sales agent in the marketing suite, who was fairly evasive, so I would rate it as very likely, but not guarenteed to be true.

AHK

This project seems to be totally stalled and I'm sure it has something to do with demolition near the tracks. They're in a tough spot if the TTC is playing hardball.

milanc.jpg

milanb.jpg

milana.jpg

Back