Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
If the concrete bits can suddenly change colour to white, or black, that building might look alright.

i was thinking the same thing. even a vibrant colour like yellow or red would be welcome.
i guess they coud always paint the vertical concrete parts.

Even if they just clean the concrete panels, would look better than now.

i was thinking the same thing. even a vibrant colour like yellow or red would be welcome.
i guess they coud always paint the vertical concrete parts.

I want you to picture what red-painted concrete would look like up the sides of this tower, and reconsider your suggestion. :p

24 May 2013:

rps20130525204611.jpg

If you look at the north-east corner, you will see colour test strips on the concrete pillar where the cafe use to be.

CondoLife, October edition, has an advertising-article about this tower. It is beside the ad for Cumberland Tower that will sit beside it.

Last edited:
If you look at the north-east corner, you will see colour test strips on the concrete pillar where the cafe use to be..

Hi, out of curiosity, what colors are being considered here? I am curious if all the concrete was painted black, how that would look? Would it make the building look sharper (with the new steel framed windows)? Black would work best, I would think.

Luxury condominiums at Cumberland and Avenue Road from the $350’s

So terribly disappointing to see what purports to be a low end project in such a high end neighborhood. This is basically a de facto statement that as of today the high end condo market in Yorkville is officially dead.

Nevertheless I can't fault the developer for trying to maximize its return on the site. This remains a business decision first and foremost and I think that the regrettable architecture in the rendering reveals no less.

There was white paint up on the concrete pillars which jut out from the ground floor today. Sorry, no photos.

Back