What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Who else is obsessed with following this development along? 🙋🏼‍♂️
Such a game changer for the area 😍
This is a game changer for the city, in general, I guess...
Some projects have the potential to make or break a whole momentum, and I think this one is going to be the former. Not to mention that phase 2 will be tall enough to be what, the 5th tallest building in the city, and alone in that area, it'll have quite the impact on the skyline for years to come.

Some projects have the potential to make or break a whole momentum, and I think this one is going to be the former. Not to mention that phase 2 will be tall enough to be what, the 5th tallest building in the city, and alone in that area, it'll have quite the impact on the skyline for years to come.
Before my kid and her roommate moved out of downtown, you could see this high rise going up in the distance from their 20th floor perch ! Very excited to see this tall one go up, the views near the top will be super cool !! 😃

I completely agree. I genuinely believe this is the most exciting development in the city right now and will have the most dramatic impact on downtown and area since the completion of Phase 1 of the Ice District. I love the overall design, how it faces right onto Jasper and beyond, and will be situated right next to the Warehouse District Park which should just make downtown an overall much more aesthetically pleasant place.

Hope the momentum from this carries over to other areas nearby that badly need some love.

Yeah, crazy that the Phase 2 tower will be as tall or taller than Manulife Place, which used to dominate the skyline for 30 years before Epcor (even then, it still dominated until 2018).

This angle does a good job of demonstrating how it will drag some height to the western part of downtown and how it stacks up with the existing cluster of taller buildings. Other thing I love is that it is right on Jasper Ave.
parks-2103050956234.jpg

^ Looking at Google Maps, it seems like this will be the first bona fide high-rise built directly on Jasper Ave in the Downtown proper since Commerce Place in 1990 (which, even then, is fairly set back). Everything since (Mayfair, Cecil Place, etc) have been low and mid-rises. The only high-rises really have been on the western and eastern ends of Jasper Ave, in Oliver and by Stadium LRT. Kinda shocking, really, considering the skyline growth over the last 15 years, but Downtown, it's been very focused on 104th, 103rd, 101st, Ice, and some stuff around the McKay Ave area, almost as if development has avoided our main street.

The Parks is also the only active proposal in the works for the Downtown stretch of Jasper Ave. But maybe that'll change with this going up and the Warehouse Park bringing more desirability to this otherwise fairly empty area of our core.

^ Looking at Google Maps, it seems like this will be the first bona fide high-rise built directly on Jasper Ave in the Downtown proper since Commerce Place in 1990 (which, even then, is fairly set back). Everything since (Mayfair, Cecil Place, etc) have been low and mid-rises. The only high-rises really have been on the western and eastern ends of Jasper Ave, in Oliver and by Stadium LRT. Kinda shocking, really, considering the skyline growth over the last 15 years, but Downtown, it's been very focused on 104th, 103rd, 101st, Ice, and some stuff around the McKay Ave area, almost as if development has avoided our main street.

The Parks is also the only active proposal in the works for the Downtown stretch of Jasper Ave. But maybe that'll change with this going up and the Warehouse Park bringing more desirability to this otherwise fairly empty area of our core.
Would love to see the Boston Pizza lot developed soon on the south side of the park along jasper.

This angle does a good job of demonstrating how it will drag some height to the western part of downtown and how it stacks up with the existing cluster of taller buildings. Other thing I love is that it is right on Jasper Ave.
parks-2103050956234.jpg
that is so much more beautiful than I originally thought. I kinda thought this project was a little lacklustre in comparison to other hariri-pontarini projects ex the bahai temple they did in chile that was soooo gorgeous but looking at this it seems they really know what they are doing, its gonna be just incredible wow!

Back