9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Long Island Mike

Member Bio
Reaction score
Everyone: I noticed an article in the Toronto Globe and Mail (3/26) about new stringent regulations for crossing the USA-Canada border beginning June 1st:
Passports will be required for ALL border crossings after that point-possibly bringing even more regulation at the border.

I looked here at UT and could not find anything on this here-I figured a good debate would be going-which was surprisingly NOT the case here.

The link is here:
www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM20090325.wborder25/email/BNstory/international/home

I was disheartened to read of US DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano's attitude towards the US-Canada border and I was hoping that attitude that was started during the Bush years would ease-but not so.

This is certainly NOT good news-with the looming tourist season approaching. Any thoughts anyone? Long Island Mike

I don't think it's that big a deal. Why is it that Americans and Canadians take it for granted that they can go ANOTHER COUNTRY without a passport?

I think it will work out over time as more and more travelers experience it and get used to it.

I figure there's no debate because we've all come to terms with this. It's a pretty dumb idea, but it's going to happen--no amount of griping from here will change the minds of Congress.

I don't see what the big deal is, I've had a passport ever since I was 17 years old.

It's odd that some people view "official" identification such a passport as some sort of invasion of privacy. A Driver's License never should have been become a primary form of identification. It only did so by default.

Even with a passport I refuse to ever step foot in America again. I mean who wants the threat of being arrested and flown off to a foreign prison to be tortured? I will require some reassurance before I expose myself to such a possibility.
All my American friends can come visit me.

Even with a passport I refuse to ever step foot in America again. I mean who wants the threat of being arrested and flown off to a foreign prison to be tortured? I will require some reassurance before I expose myself to such a possibility.
All my American friends can come visit me.

If you're white you don't have anything to worry about.

I think this is good. Maybe this will prompt the ameri's to be more aware of the world.

I don't get why the american government allows this. They benefit from brainless masses.

Back