It's not a luxury building. I don't think it has been advertised as such anywhere. Luxury buildings are usually boutique buildings where every unit is in the millions, and do not offer units of the average range prices and sized.
The occupancy date given on the initial contract is established before even the building sale starts. It is very common for this initial date to be postponed, in fact i have not heard of any developments that have not pushed the first occupancy date they provided. The developer is required to inform buyers of a revised date only 6 months prior to the previous occupancy date previously provided. Even if they are aware of delays now, they are not required to provide a revised date just yet. From my previous experience with preconstruction, expect at least a couple revised occupancy dates before a firm one is set. It's unfortunate that when buying into preconstruction a lot of buyers are misinformed and have expectations that are not realistic. So far, there is nothing in this development that is out of the ordinary, not explained in the contract or not in line with industry practices in Toronto. And i say this as a buyer, who also is looking forward to move in.
not everything has to be like four seasons, shangri la, king west kind of luxury.

I was hoping for middle-class fancy luxury like untitled, daniels lighthouse,

Do you think I could get mortgage for an apartment in this building now? Or I must wait until it is built? The rates are low now…

PS Nice photos

Do you think I could get mortgage for an apartment in this building now? Or I must wait until it is built? The rates are low now…

PS Nice photos
I’m on the same boat, I think we have to wait until after occupancy

We got recently email from Pemberton with “time to choose” upgrades. The only thing that caught my eye was “Fridge waterline for ice maker” priced about $2,500.

Is it reasonable pricing for Toronto?

We got recently email from Pemberton with “time to choose” upgrades. The only thing that caught my eye was “Fridge waterline for ice maker” priced about $2,500.

This will probably be a surface-mounted copper pipe through your kitchen cupboards from your sink cold line to fridge. You could certainly get it done FAR cheaper!

Got the same email. My bf works in condo refurbishment and he said that all the prices were high compared to market. Having said that, if you were to not upgrade your appliances with them, and buy them separately they might not fit in the kitchen so could add work and cost to it. Its still early and the prices they provided are only indicative so they can get an idea of what supply they will need of the upgrades. I spoke to their agent and she implied that we will be able to check the updgrades and finishes at a later date. You should also be able to check out the show room (currently closed due to covid) before you are required to make your selections.

They set deadline for requesting upgrades by July, 10th. I guess this is still negotiable. We have only the cooktop in 24’’, the rest of appliances are in 30’’. If we select 30’’ for the cooktop, they will need to shrink the kitchen cabinet accordingly, otherwise there is no way to fit it. I am not sure that they need a copper pipe through my kitchen cupboards, there is a whole wall behind the kitchen with pipes. Beyond the extra pipe, they just need a hole in the drywall.

Are y'all still optimistic about the October 2022 completion date ? Seems more and more achievable too me as the days go by.

Are y'all still optimistic about the October 2022 completion date ? Seems more and more achievable too me as the days go by.

Where this deadline is coming from? According to the contract they must be done by Nov, 2020, in 2-3 months.

Reactions: AHK
October 2022 occupancy seems to be looking like a legitimate date after seeing the progress in these recent pictures

October 2022 occupancy seems to be looking like a legitimate date after seeing the progress in these recent pictures

Well Loudpacckk, certainly more realistic than the originally expectd 2021. Still think it might be early 2023 though, as I originally thought, back in mid 2019. We shall see.

We shall see, a lot will depend on the severity of the winter, covid flare-ups and how much effort they make to meet 'deadlines'. I would not start getting ready to move in for a while yet!

Question! Was there some kind of unofficial announcement that the occupancy will be delayed to Oct 2022? I asked the management when the new expected occupancy date will be and they said they're not sure at this point. Where are you getting this Oct 2022 date from?
Thanks!

Back