On Jasonzed's last photos it was pretty close to ground already, they were pouring pillars to support the ICE 1's ground floor slab then ~

July 2 2011
20110702102.jpg

Getting close enough to ground level to start getting excited. Has stayed low on the radar, but might in truth end up as the most glitzy of the happening buildings being built at this time over 200 meters. The landmark area has at least something to do with this as well as it's stunning shape.

I can't help but wonder what impact this tower will have on the skyline from Hamilton-Niagara area. Will it over-take the CBD? I guess we can only wait and see.

I can't help but wonder what impact this tower will have on the skyline from Hamilton-Niagara area. Will it over-take the CBD? I guess we can only wait and see.

It'll stand out the most in the traditional Islands postcard view of Toronto. But from Hamilton or Niagara, the big bank towers (well, really only FCP & Scotia) will still dwarf it.

Well... There's always this render I did over a year ago that may give you an idea from the West... I don't have any Toronto from Niagara pictures to work from, but give me a minute and I bet I can come up with something.

:D

Click on image to go to full size.
(Original panorama by Ramako on Urban Toronto found here )

Last edited:

Back