Lots of hate on UT for The Infinity condos but from this angle and to the average person coming in on the Gardiner from the West, they appear to compliment each other.

*Note the mirroring of similar curves on the West face of Infinity 2 and the two South facades of the ICE towers.

As well, the Infinity complex is often lambasted for their inappropriate height compared to other projects nearby... However their stepping-stone lowering allows a more visually appealing vista from the open space of the Roundhouse Museum. (The average person cannot discern Infinity's inferior finishings or design flaws.)

39ak.jpg

Ushahid is also a kid who writes "your" as "ur". So... why bother debating. Just move along.

Exactly. A building can still be nice even if it's a box. I wonder what ushahid think's of Manhattan.

I have no problem with boxes but I think Toronto have a lot of them so there should be some change.

Lots of hate on UT for The Infinity condos but from this angle and to the average person coming in on the Gardiner from the West, they appear to compliment each other.
As well, the Infinity complex is often lambasted for their inappropriate height compared to other projects nearby... However their stepping-stone lowering allows a more visually appealing vista from the open space of the Roundhouse Museum. (The average person cannot discern Infinity's inferior finishings or design flaws.)

I'm in that hate group. But you raise a good point. Although a flat stepping stone (both Infinities are the exact same height), I couldn't see another ICE-condo-height building in it's place. And yes, I'm sure the majority of the Toronto population won't find flaws in the Infinity buildings, but this also carries over to many projects across the city. And it's kinda sad to think that the issues and complaints discussed on these boards about the poorly built condos in Toronto don't quite carry over to your 'average person'. To most people, all they see really are condos... I don't think people appreciate to the level that we do, how good-looking and well-executed ICE is compared to the hundreds of the buildings to go up in the boom.

Infinity reminds me of the copy and paste type of towers you get in Simcity, especially when two of the same buildings pop up right next to each other in the same configuration. God I hate that!

... how good-looking and well-executed ICE is compared to the hundreds of the buildings to go up in the boom.
everything comes at a price - I think the PSF for Infinity is like 350-400 something where as ICE was at 550-600+ something ... (my memory doesn't serve me well)
I must agree that ICE does look astonishing... but how well-executed - I'm not too sure; to the general folks like myself - I don't see any difference on execution in building of ICE vs any other condo.. surely, ICE did have a lot more marketing and better architecture - but we are talking about execution. Enlighten me.

Back