I wonder if many architects consider things like keeping windows clean when they design?

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,439
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,462
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,408
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,405
  • 5.png
    5.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,462
Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for the second tower to finish up, and light up.
I also can't wait for nice weather to go check out how these look from the island now.
They are really one of the best things to happen of late IMO

Can someone explain to me if there is any logistical reason, aside from matching aesthetics, for extending balcony glazing all around the floors like a double skin, even when half the floor plates aren't surrounded by them? I understand that the units still have door openings to allow a 'balconyesque' feel to it, allowing them to peer outdoors while being protected by the balcony rails, but from the inside, it sort of obstructs half of your view in a sense. I can also imagine dirt and built up accumulating in the spaces between the glass, which would be difficult to clean considering it isn't useable space, that is unless you're ridiculously thin.

It's form over function.
It makes for a very sleek and uniform looking exterior, but it is expensive to have so much unnecessary decorative glass railing which is also expensive to maintain/clean. The railings do hide much of that nice looking curtain wall.
They could've used much wider sliding doors for these Juliette balconies or used more of them as the wrap around railing design could allow Juliette opportunities all over the building. This could make up for a significant number of units that lack real walk-out balconies.

The added expense of all those railings could be put towards upgrading the lackluster interiors, but hey, the outside looks great and as long as I am not living in them it's just fine by me!

It's form over function..... the outside looks great and as long as I am not living in them it's just fine by me!
Everyone hates my building and like ICE, but it's much better to live in old, spacious, well built condo and looking at ICE, than living in ICE and looking at my building. ;)

I'm really not a great photographer, but, I thought I would upload a few attempts made from my balcony....

Attachments

• IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,212
  • IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,247
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,253

Back