mods: interchange has a habit of prancing around in public dressed as a slice of processed cheese. Several forum members can attest to it. There is photographic evidence. He has a known conflict of interest in promoting the subject. Make him stop, please.

Alas, what the pink-haired 'lady' says is true. Luckily for those who have seen it, there are fewer holes in my particular slice.

To be less cryptic about all of this, I've gone out as an individually wrapped slice of processed cheese more than once for Halloween, because the thing always gets such great reactions. Based on its reception, I'd say that Clewes is on to something here.

2977724836_3e84cb5c0d.jpg

2976868389_80f0e67e88.jpg

2977724376_b16ff804f8.jpg

In Forbes Magazine's annual valuation of the NHL's 30 franchises, the Leafs are ranked No. 1 for the third successive year, with a value of $448-million (U.S.). "Everyone believes we have nothing to worry about," says Richard Peddie, the president of the Leafs' parent company, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.

"We're recession-resistant, not recession-proof."

More like bullet-proof.

Forbes estimated the Maple Leafs' operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) at $66.4-million (U.S.) for the 2007-08 season. Peddie insisted, as he does every year, that Forbes "does not have our numbers" but he does not offer alternatives.

MLSE, a private company, also includes the Raptors of the NBA, a Major League Soccer team, two television networks, the Air Canada Centre (second-busiest concert venue in North America), and interests in the two condominium projects adjacent to the arena. The company does not disclose its financials or break out revenues from its various holdings. According to a banking source, MLSE generated an estimated net profit of $80-million (U.S.) in the last fiscal year and is now worth $1.6-billion (U.S.).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20081101.MLSE01/TPStory/Sports

"the new ICE age is coming" ... in 27 days

after 39 pages of posts on UT the 'real' sales office for public is still not ready yet ...

http://www.icecondos.com/

In Forbes Magazine's annual valuation of the NHL's 30 franchises, the Leafs are ranked No. 1 for the third successive year, with a value of $448-million (U.S.)....

What does this have to do with Ice Condos? As far as I know, MLSE has basically no involvement in this development. Unless the Ontario Teacher's Pension whatever has a stake in Cadillac Fairview then the connection is the name Ice, what the Leafs play on.

after 39 pages of posts on UT the 'real' sales office for public is still not ready yet ...

The development itself with its location, architecture, etc. that has garnered all the attention and nearly 600 posts of discussion. Imo the sales centre has very little importance. Sure it will be a nice presentation centre and attract potential buyers and sell them on the building, but unless you're someone who is actually interested in purchasing a unit what does it matter? It'll be coming down (or moved to the revolving Signature Sales Centre Building) within a couple years anyways. I think for large developments like this they should build the sales centre large enough and in a manner that it can also be used to hold the statutory public meetings for whatever amendments to the zoning and/or OP are necessary. The applications for Ice are still in the approval process so who knows how long before an actual shovel is in the ground.

What does this have to do with Ice Condos? As far as I know, MLSE has basically no involvement in this development. Unless the Ontario Teacher's Pension whatever has a stake in Cadillac Fairview then the connection is the name Ice, what the Leafs play on.

As far as I know, it is the same developer. At the public meeting back in May, it was stated that this was essentially MLS II.

Yes, Cadillac Fairview and Lanterra are also developing MLS with MLSE, and I agree Ice is basically MLS II. But, I don't know what involvement MLSE has with Ice. If there is any partnership please correct me (Mike in TO?)

Ontario Teacher's Pension does have a stake in Cadillac Fairview but does that have anything to do with MLSE? From the Ice brochure, it seems they teachers want to invest in real estate, so they bought Cadillac Fairview. I'm not sure how much stake they have in it.

100%

From the Cadillac Fairview website:

Cadillac Fairview is wholly-owned by the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, which invests to secure the retirement income of 300,000 active and retired teachers in Ontario.

Yes, Cadillac Fairview and Lanterra are also developing MLS with MLSE, and I agree Ice is basically MLS II. But, I don't know what involvement MLSE has with Ice. If there is any partnership please correct me (Mike in TO?)

MLSE is not involved in the project.

Back