Why cant CF build this on spec, after all they are a lot wealthier than Menkes which is about to start 1 York:confused:

Because CF is owned by a pension fund, which are generally quite conservative and always lack vision and creativity.

When it was owned and run by the likes of the Bronfmans, is when you saw CF doing things like the TD Centre and Eaton Centre. Now that they are like most big developers/property managers (pension funds), you see them actually ruining their own property without even knowing it. This is why they will "update" TD Centre and Eaton Centre and think they are improving.

Zero integrity. Pension funds are very narrow-minded and conservative.

It pains me to say this, but Infinity II's cladding in that light looks pretty good.

i was gonna say the same thing! it almost looks like different cladding than phase 1!... but then i think about it.. it's probably cause it's not occupied yet and there are no white blinds on the inside to destroy the shine.

but ya, that pic looks like dubai.

This is turning out to be quite the dense little nabe. It'd be nice, though, if some of these newer office towers were to use glass colours that contrast the condo towers.

Quick shot

8210118123_eecdc1f8d6_b.jpg

How exactly does the cladding work again? There's the window wall, but there's also the band of white glass in front of them- how does the space between the two get cleaned?

How exactly does the cladding work again? There's the window wall, but there's also the band of white glass in front of them- how does the space between the two get cleaned?

The occupant is to lean out their Juliet balcony with a Swiffer mop and a Windex quick wipe attached to it.

It doesn't. I lived in Boutique Condos, and there was the same problem.

In other words, the owners will have to recognize the problem and deal with it - likely at great expense.

Back