interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
We have something new for you on the front page, and it includes an expansion on the 1968-built Padulo Building.

1SCWPodS1280.jpg

1SCWHeroSW1280.jpg

More pics and info in the front page story, and in the database file.

I really like that the west side addition to the office floors is handled with a complementary architectural expression, as opposed to simply replicating the older section. It means something to me that the original building will still be "legible" when added onto. I also like that the double-level frames on the west tie into the large capsule frames of the indoor amenity floors before the tower floors start. All told, Gensler has done an excellent job here.

Yikes. The folks who have paid millions for their high end condos facing south at One Deslile (also a Slate development) won't be too happy with this curtain wall.

And these folks won't love that 1406 Yonge will block their own views in turn. Views aren't protected property.
Agreed, but 1406 isn't the same developer. Slate is shadowing its own high end "signature" development. I'd be surpised if they've sold out One Deslile already.

This podium has the same window cladding vibe as the Residence of 488 tower on University Ave had . Before they dismantled it to what you see today that could have looked simular to this development!

This podium has the same window cladding vibe as the Residence of 488 tower on University Ave had . Before they dismantled it to what you see today that could have looked simular to this development!

I suspect this is of higher quality and far more sympathetic to the original than 488.

AoD

Back