Lake Ontario

Member Bio
Reaction score

Proposed redevelopment of an office complex near the southeastern corner of Hurontario Street and Highway 403. It is located to the north of this proposal: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-4310-sherwoodtowne-boulevard-m-70s.35512/

3 towers at 50, 50, and 25 storeys on a 4 storey podium, with a total of 1450 units.

1.png

8.png

2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
9.png
10.png

Just a reminder that there’s a 70 proposal here! So I guess based on this all of village centre court will be redeveloped and we will eventually see an 80 in this area

94F5AE16-0A02-4F9C-9948-F9BD178DAF4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Mississauga continues to embrace one of the worse densification patterns of all time, no where near its two grade separated rapid transit lines at that.

Mississauga continues to embrace one of the worse densification patterns of all time, no where near its two grade separated rapid transit lines at that.
In case you werent aware theres an open mayoral position so you don’t need to play arm chair city planner.

Your positivity I’m sure will be infectious

In case you werent aware theres an open mayoral position so you don’t need to play arm chair city planner.

Your positivity I’m sure will be infectious
So to get this straight, you are on an urban planning forum, for a specific project, and are mad someone is making a comment about the planning behind a said project?

We have two grade separated rapid transit lines?

I mean the Mississauga Transitway I suppose you could count as one. what's the other?

So to get this straight, you are on an urban planning forum, for a specific project, and are mad someone is making a comment about the planning behind a said project?
You randomly come on Mississauga forums once in a blue moon and consistently trash it. Surely there’s better ways of spending your time. You aren’t adding to the conversation.

If you look at your history you know you comment 98% of the time on Toronto projects. However I am pretty sure it was you who last summer randomly went into exchange district condo forum and dropped some “this city is bleak” comments with no context. That created a firestorm and either the bleak commenter deleted it or mods got involved.

Last edited:
If you're referring to this project, it is literally a few hundred meters from a rapid transit line under construction.

I don't think you could say Mississauga has any grade separate rapid transit lines.

If you look at your history you know you comment 98% of the time on Toronto projects. However I am pretty sure it was you who last summer randomly went into exchange district condo forum and dropped some “this city is bleak” comments with no context. That created a firestorm and either the bleak commenter deleted it or mods got involved.
Quite the conspiracy, anything else for us? Maybe some thoughts on flying orbs or lizard people in the centre of the earth?

If you're referring to this project, it is literally a few hundred meters from a rapid transit line under construction.

I don't think you could say Mississauga has any grade separate rapid transit lines.
*Grade separated* is the very important element that in my opinion disqualifies the HU LRT from being rapid transit as with the exception of the 403 flyover, the tunnel into port credit and the future tunnel into brampton it runs at grade. Time is everything and even the most optimistic run times for the line come nowhere near to the speed that say, Line 1, under Yonge delivers. However imo the Lakeshore West line will very soon be a true rapid transit line with sub 15 minute frequencies and an unimpeded right of way. My much more optimistic reference to a second grade separated transit line is about the Milton Line, which if provincial promises are to believed will be brought up to the same standards as the LW, LE and KT GO lines, thus becoming rapid transit.

We have two grade separated rapid transit lines?

I mean the Mississauga Transitway I suppose you could count as one. what's the other?
The Lakeshore West line, and if it can't be considered true rapid transit today it absolutely will be within the decade.

The Milton line, which I use any time I am in the office, definitely doesn't qualify as rapid transit, and won't for a very long even under the most optimistic scenarios.

As for Lakeshore West, it's not fully grade separated, but other than that, I suppose it will be getting close.

The Milton line, which I use any time I am in the office, definitely doesn't qualify as rapid transit, and won't for a very long even under the most optimistic scenarios.

As for Lakeshore West, it's not fully grade separated, but other than that, I suppose it will be getting close.
Besides port credit won’t even let 40s be built. No luck, thoughts or prayers are going to get a 50 built.

One of the principals wanted a clarification on this proposal.

“In our previous story regarding 1 Village Centre Place proposed redevelopment, we would like to clarify SYRA is only one of the 16 owners of this property.

There has been no application submitted or discussions with the City of Mississauga.”

Back