Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
101 Victoria Street West & 1510-1520 Brock Street South: a proposed 12-storey mixed-use condo & commercial building designed by ABA Architects for Mobco Real Eastate Development on the southwest corner of Victoria Street West and Brock Street South in South Whitby.

Renderings from ABA & Seferian:
pngtest.png
101-Victoria-V1-10-17_DoHere-Digital-Technolocy-Inc..jpg
101-Victoria-v-02-10-17DoHere-Digital-Technolocy-Inc..jpg

Renderings from the Committee of the Whole Meeting of June 2019:
p15_23.jpg

p15_24.jpg

p16_25.jpg

p16_26.jpg

Public art designed by Seferian to be located on the corner, representing the development of Port Whitby and surrounding geography:
18-020_Whitby-Heritage_Image-1.jpg
18-020_Whitby-Heritage_Image-2.jpg
18-020_Whitby-Heritage_Image-3.jpg
18-020_Whitby-Heritage_Image-4.jpg
18-020_Whitby-Heritage_Image-5.jpg
18-020_Whitby-Heritage_Image-6.jpg

Again, with the surface parking in a development at this intersection. At least it's largely concealed from the adjacent roads, but it really shouldn't be there at all.

Equally, it is once again important that cycling infra be thought of in terms of the abutting road row.

Again, with the surface parking in a development at this intersection. At least its largely concealed from the adjacent roads, but it really shouldn't be there at all.

Equally, it is once again important that cycling infra be thought of in terms of the abutting road row.

I agree, though Whitby does have really challenging soil conditions and a high water table so I get why we often see it there specifically. It's especially bad in the Downtown though I'm not sure what the waterfront area is like here. I know it was an issue on some of the projects farther south.

Love the artwork that references the development of the port area over time with another layer for each decade.

Back