innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
8-storey development in Upper Stoney Creek facing plenty of NIMBYISM. Replaces a vacant lot.

649dbf5cca7e3.image.jpg

Former City of Stoney Creek councillor Pat Richardson said the plan ignores that the area has always been zoned for bungalows and that townhouse garages will likely become “man-cave garages” or be used for storage, rather than parking.

Man cave garages?? Not in my backyard!

8-storey development in Upper Stoney Creek facing plenty of NIMBYISM. Replaces a vacant lot.

649dbf5cca7e3.image.jpg

If they dont like this they can always go ahead and support expanding Hamilton's city boundaries by another ~300km^2 and create more sprawl just like Doug Ford wants. That way they'll be able to create more divisiveness between the lower city, Hamilton Mountain, Dundas, Stoney Creek, Waterdown, etc...

I mean, there's plenty of land to go around right?

There is NO traffic issues with Paramount Drive, especially at this location. In the past the traffic levels were so low that it encouraged excessive speeding, hence why there is stop signs everywhere when decades ago there was almost none. This site also has virtually no neighbours to make the usual NIMBY complaints with a plaza across a wide road, a park on one side, a school on another, with maybe 5 homes with large lots on the south that can't ever be shadowed even by a 50 storey building.

The city has no chance defending its refusal and will burn taxpayers money like they normally do.

Idiots

This highlights an issue I've found with public feedback in that people fear both increased traffic and lack of parking (I guess they think street parking will become chaotic), and the developers then increase the parking alotment to appease the locals but then this exacerbates their fear of increased traffic.

Rubber stamp 'approved' and get this going. Its not the prettiest buildings out there but its better then most of its surrounding structures.

Back