Man, I feel like I drank some bad kool-aid and woke up a decade later where an approved 62s/200m+ tower is a short paragraph lost in the middle of a discarded newspaper (hard copy not online).

Times have changed ... duh ;-). Damn that arthritis in my knees. (pretty sure I joined 10 years earlier than "April 2007" lol... still no UT pension).

Last edited:
Times have changed ... duh ;-). Damn that arthritis in my knees. (pretty sure I joined 10 years earlier than "April 2007" lol... still no UT pension).

We launched in 2002. Remember when a 20 storey proposal in those days was exciting? @3Dementia

Great memories. I saw a pic of Massey Tower the other day on this site and in its foreground was Pantages and I remembered with a wry smile how HEAD-EXPLODING a 40+ storey condo was at the time and caused such civic and special interest hand-wringing and worry. What a difference 15 yrs can make!

I second what everyone is saying. Pantages was a huge thing at the time, whereas it would no doubt be barely noticed today.

I guess it's to be expected, given the massive (and still rising) ongoing level of construction in Toronto now.

I know that in recent years there are far too many active threads for me to follow, so I've selected a relative handful of projects I find interesting, and am forced to ignore the rest.

We launched in 2002. Remember when a 20 storey proposal in those days was exciting? @3Dementia

Are you talking about the Ed Skira launch in 2002? ;-)

UT had the Billy Corgan era of course.

A zoom-in:

OK very well said, we all know that will be a cake walk :)
Fair enough: ehat's normally true, although there are times when we are surprised by a Councillor leading a last minute charge against a development for various reasons… but yeah, that's very rare, and no reason to think there'll be a problem here!

Back