Today.
img_8551-jpeg.479195

Now that's a properly designed sidewalk. All the trees, benches, lamp posts, etc. are placed to the side creating a linear buffer between the pedestrians and the cars. It's frustrating seeing how many times they scatter these things all over the place to create an obstacle course on an already narrow sidewalk.

You'd think they could get this simple thing right but it seems to be a rarity in Toronto. This little stretch of public realm is a wonderful surprise. I'll detour here next time I'm in the area.

Last edited:
I need to see this in person sometime...this reminds me of cheaper, older panelized cladding used on rental housing from 50 years ago. Maybe it won't be the worst in terms of....colour variety in this block?

(I'm grasping for positives here)

Last edited:
Yorkville has some of the prettiest and ugliest buildings in the city right next to each other.
The uglies seem to be in all the last while...so the area seems to be de-evolving unfortunately. /sigh

I'm not going to lie as this project starts to get taller. I actually don't mind the cladding. I do know it's cheap but it's not totally gross coming from somebody who doesn't live in the city though. Take that with a grain of salt

I'm not going to lie as this project starts to get taller. I actually don't mind the cladding. I do know it's cheap but it's not totally gross coming from somebody who doesn't live in the city though. Take that with a grain of salt
Like the majority of Yorkville residents, this building will need a "face-life" in a few decades

Back