Some goldenhour vibes. Been keeping track of this thread for a while, my two cents:

1) Yes up close you can see some imperfections and chips. I'm optimistic here. A few months back there was a panel on the north side of the building that was completely misaligned (i.e. not angled perfectly vertical from the rest of the wall) and I thought they were going to ignore it and keep it that way. It was fixed. Let's hope same for the smaller chips etc.

2) Lots of comments on this thread on render vs real life. Important to remember that there is Angelina Jolie as she is on the front of a magazine cover and Angelina Jolie when you see her in real life. The render has the lighting etc. set up in the most optimal setting, but we are seeing photos from a dready and cloudy Toronto winter that would give any non-glass building a "communist block" vibe. This is why I am glad I was able to capture these during warm sunlight lighting (Feb 15th 2023) that show this building in a completely different light.

20230215_172740.jpg
20230215_172744.jpg
20230215_172853.jpg

I would love to see twenty more of these spread throughout the entertainment district, except some would have beige or red brick instead of the flat precast sections, some would have engravings in the metal panels, cornices, coloured clay tiles etc.

Back