chinalily-031.jpg

chinalily-032.jpg

chinalily-033.jpg

chinalily-034.jpg

What a curious way to demo............nothing wrong with it.........but I've rarely seen it done that way (keeping the frame intact until the end)

Great documentation of the demolition of this site. Most peculiar methodology but I'm enjoying the novelty of it. Really looking forward to this project - it's going to beef up and urbanize the presence of that long-dormant corner of Leslieville.
If they can get it off the ground, including their other site by Carlaw. Word on the street is that Core is not doing too well right now

Shame if that's true. Reminds me.... there's a newish 3 story loft building near the top of Connaught Avenue on the east side that's recently been semi-completed. It looks like hell and the cladding is already peeling. A true eyesore. Whoever's behind it seems to have neither deep pockets nor any sense of aestethics. The place emanates the faintest stench of doom and has zero curb appeal. Its entrance remains blocked off by an ugly chain link fence and some ragged, crumbling plywood; this shabby front end has been that way for weeks on end. I don't know what they're thinking. Seems like it was a late attempt to cash in on the market as Covid drove prices up. I think it was originally going to be freehold units but... anyway, I would photograph it for you but I don't wish to insult my beloved camera. I truly hope the build at Leslie and Queen sails along unimpeded and looks half-decent when all is said and done.

Shame if that's true. Reminds me.... there's a newish 3 story loft building near the top of Connaught Avenue on the east side that's recently been semi-completed. It looks like hell and the cladding is already peeling. A true eyesore. Whoever's behind it seems to have neither deep pockets nor any sense of aestethics. The place emanates the faintest stench of doom and has zero curb appeal. Its entrance remains blocked off by an ugly chain link fence and some ragged, crumbling plywood; this shabby front end has been that way for weeks on end. I don't know what they're thinking. Seems like it was a late attempt to cash in on the market as Covid drove prices up. I think it was originally going to be freehold units but... anyway, I would photograph it for you but I don't wish to insult my beloved camera. I truly hope the build at Leslie and Queen sails along unimpeded and looks half-decent when all is said and done.

The light brown, dark brown colour scheming of that eternally unfinished building reminds me of the dated interior walling treatments you'd find in homes from the 80s!

That particular shade of darker brown reminds me of the ubiquitous wooden wall panelling you'd see in basement rec-rooms of suburban homes typical of the late 60s/early 70s. The truly offensive thing to me is that there is already peeling on the cladding. It's as if it were sealed with an inferior or simply inappropriate product, and the merciless sun is now having its way with it. This build is already decrepit well before its time.

Back