Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Rezoning App for this property is new to the AIC.

No info yet.

1632997273395.png

Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=/gfHe4/kT+a5/U82o1zKFg==

Site is currently how to a low rise apartment building with surface parking.

Aerial Pic:

1632997386354.png

Site size: ~7000m2/0.7ha or 1.7 acres

Street level pic:

1632997556718.png

Taken from: https://www.hazelviewproperties.com/properties/wilson-manor

From the Planning Rationale Report:

1635969089733.png

1635969125513.png

No Arch Docs per se............most odd.

There are a couple of elevation drawings in the PR.

But they aren't terribly revelatory.

No proper renders at all!

Reactions: PMT
Diamond Schmitt Architects, here's what it will look like:

Looking southeast towards it
1265WilsonAerSE1280.jpg

Looking southwest towards it
1265WilsonAerSW1280.jpg

Looking west-southwest towards it
1265WilsonHeroSW1280.jpg

Looking northwest towards it
1265WilsonHeroNW1280.jpg

The Preliminary Report for this one was on the NYCC agenda earlier this week, and was approved, with amendments:

First, the report:

The above report is a bit tougher than we often see, have a look below:

1641594538868.png

1641594566368.png

All other things being equal, this one might well appear to be headed for a Refusal Report............

BUT.............I noted some amendments to the report at Council that seemed open to the application........maybe:

1641594713179.png

New renderings update in the database. The overall storey count changed from 25 to 27 storeys. Total height changed from 84.79m to 91.49m. Lastly, the total unit count changed from 570 units to 559 units.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via rezoning:

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 9  2022 (1)-5.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 9  2022 (1)-6.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 9  2022 (1)-7.jpg

I feel as if this finished project would cause traffic issues along Wilson Avenue, a strain on the public transit system and a strain on the power grid in the area. Not to mention Wilson Avenue needs to be as open as possible due to the nearby hospital and its emergency vehicles. Adding more strain to the traffic between Wilson and Petherhill Avenue could cause issues with the incoming and outgoing emergency service vehicles that need to go by at any time of the day. They are the most important. The area would feel VERY very cramped along with the other 12 story residential buildings that are proposed to be built just down the street from this location. I do not think this project is a good idea. Isn’t the 27 story tower surpassing local airspace height guidelines?

I feel as if this finished project would cause traffic issues along Wilson Avenue, a strain on the public transit system and a strain on the power grid in the area. Not to mention Wilson Avenue needs to be as open as possible due to the nearby hospital and its emergency vehicles. Adding more strain to the traffic between Wilson and Petherhill Avenue could cause issues with the incoming and outgoing emergency service vehicles that need to go by at any time of the day. They are the most important. The area would feel VERY very cramped along with the other 12 story residential buildings that are proposed to be built just down the street from this location. I do not think this project is a good idea. Isn’t the 27 story tower surpassing local airspace height guidelines?
Hey @Local Property Owner, you're free to raise objections to projects on UrbanToronto. You are not free, however, to have more than one account, nor, especially, to "sock puppet", which is to use secondary accounts to either converse with your original account, or "like" your posts. I am posting this warning publicly to remind all UrbanToronto members that administrators can see which IP addresses are associated with each account, so what may be opaque to most members is transparent to Admins. If we ever see @CharlesM90 or @nathan1995 pop up again, all three of your accounts will be terminated.

strike-ponche.gif

In light of the actions noted above by @interchange42 I don't think your post merits a response; but for the benefit of others who might have similar objections, I will offer one nonetheless.

I feel as if this finished project would cause traffic issues along Wilson Avenue

It will have a marginal, offsettble impact on traffic, please follow the link:

to the application documents and consult the Transportation Impact study. It can be found under 'supporting documents;' on page 4

A summary paragraph from same:

1683731193565.png

But by all means read the details and see their math.

, a strain on the public transit system

That strains credulity. There is ample ability to increase bus service on Wilson, and plenty of extra capacity on Line 1 on this side of the loop.

and a strain on the power grid in the area.

On what basis would you draw such a conclusion. I imagine Toronto Hydro would have something to say if that were an issue.

Not to mention Wilson Avenue needs to be as open as possible due to the nearby hospital and its emergency vehicles. Adding more strain to the traffic between Wilson and Petherhill Avenue could cause issues with the incoming and outgoing emergency service vehicles that need to go by at any time of the day. They are the most important.

See the Transportation Impact Study noted above.

The area would feel VERY very cramped along with the other 12 story residential buildings that are proposed to be built just down the street from this location. I do not think this project is a good idea

That's your preference, and you are welcome to it; it is, on its own, however, it is not a legal or planning basis on which the City could deny or seek revision to an application.

There are any number of planning guidelines the City's is obliged to consider. These include the Provincial Policy Statement, the Growth Strategy, the Official Plan, Shadowing Guidelines and more. You may wish to familiarize yourself with these to understand on what basis this development might be revised.

. Isn’t the 27 story tower surpassing local airspace height guidelines?

If you are referring to the zoning, almost certainly, but that's why there is a Planning Application here, to alter the zoning.

If you are referring to the height restrictions that concern Downsview Airport, please note that the airport is being redeveloped, and the runway permanently closed, so those restrictions will not be in play beyond the current year.

Last edited:
As per the note above from @HousingNowTO this one is the subject of an Appeals Report to the next meeting of NYCC.

A bit late, LOL, considering staff have already attended a CMC by the time this report reaches Council.

The tone of the report is not particularly harsh towards the applicant, and on-going negotiations are suggested.

I won't detail the concerns on this one, for details, follow the link.

This one is the subject of a Request for Directions Report at the next meeting of City Council.

It is almost certainly a settlement offer, but confidential for now.

This one was a Settlement Offer, which was adopted by City Council.

Notable, is a height bump from 27s to 31s

The Offer:

From the above:

1708358047469.png

1708358083864.png

Attached is a letter from Bousfields which outlines the changes above, from which we get this statistical summary:

1708358223985.png

1708358243753.png

@Paclo is flagged to document the changes.

New Arch. Plans w/Renders can be found here:

From the above:

1708358351436.png

1708358380183.png

1708358404210.png

Revised Site Plan:

1708358459953.png

Revised Ground Floor Plan:

1708358513793.png

The unit size/layouts are all over the map on this one. There's a 2 bed at nearly 1,100ft2, but a 3 bed at only 894ft2!

1708358674611.png

Back